Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Global search and replace across multiple files Post 302468559 by sanjaypraj on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 07:04:03 AM
Old 11-03-2010
Hi Scottn,
Thanks for reviewing my code and finding the missing stuff, one of which probably because of a copy and paste error (`).
The reason for using
Code:
filename=`echo $k | cut -d ":" -f1`

is to cut the filename from the list

If you execute the find command the output i am getting
Code:
==> find . -type f | xargs grep hello 
./dir1/file1:hello
./dir1/file2:hello
./dir1/dir2/file4:hello
./dir1/dir2/file5:hello

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Global search ok...but replace?

Gurus, I have in my /tmp directory 26 files "filea", "fileb"..."filez". Each file contains the name of a database 'dwora' at many, many places within each file. My boss decided to change the name of the db so I need to do (what i'd call) a global search&replace of that string in all my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search and replace in multiple files in directory hierarchy

Hello all I need to search and replace in multiple files that are in directory hierarchy Im using the : find . -name "*.dsp" -print | xargs grep -n -o Test.lib" , I like to be able to replace every instance of Test.lib with empty space . how can I write one liner that does this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Global Search and replace

I have a file where the rows correspond to individuals and the columns are about 106 variables. Each variable is coded as either ACGT, and "missing" is coded as blank. This is a tab delimited file. I'm trying to replace all blanks (" ") with 0. The simple script I have is only replacing some of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: epi8
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Search/Replace Multiple Files Script Needed

I have a rather complicated search and replace I need to do among several dozen files and over a hundred occurrences. My site is written in PHP and throughout the old code, you will find things like die("Operation Aborted due to....."); For my new design skins for the site, I need to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and replace in multiple files.

Hello. I have five config files in /etc that I want to edit in one click for testing. I would like to make a script like this : #!/bin/bash # a_file="/etc/file_1" src_str="src_string_1" rpl_str="rpl_string_1" calling_sed_or_awk_or_whatelse $a_file search_for_all $src_str replace_with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: search replace in multiple files

When I use special characters the command to replace multiple files with a string pattern does nt work. ---------- Post updated at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:38 AM ---------- This works perl -pi -e 's/100/test/g' * This does nt work perl -pi -e 's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w020637
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace in multiple files

Hello, I have hundreds of files in which I need to change email address. Here is what I am trying to do: 1. All text files are in a directory "a" 2. In the text file, I want to replace email address for preparer. All these lines start with {{PreparerEmail and end with }}. The email... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search/Replace in multiple files recursively

Hi there, I am using AIX and trying to search and replace a string with another string in multiple files in different directories. I wanted to search replace in steps so I don't change all of the instance anywhere in the server at once, minimizing impact. STEP 1: -------- I first searched... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaino22
5 Replies
curl_global_init_mem(3) 					  libcurl Manual					   curl_global_init_mem(3)

NAME
curl_global_init_mem - Global libcurl initialisation with memory callbacks SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_global_init_mem(long flags, curl_malloc_callback m, curl_free_callback f, curl_realloc_callback r, curl_strdup_callback s, curl_calloc_callback c ); DESCRIPTION
This function works exactly as curl_global_init(3) with one addition: it allows the application to set callbacks to replace the otherwise used internal memory functions. If you are using libcurl from multiple threads or libcurl was built with the threaded resolver option then the callback functions must be thread safe. The threaded resolver is a common build option to enable (and in some cases the default) so we strongly urge you to make your callback functions thread safe. All callback arguments must be set to valid function pointers. The prototypes for the given callbacks must match these: void *malloc_callback(size_t size); To replace malloc() void free_callback(void *ptr); To replace free() void *realloc_callback(void *ptr, size_t size); To replace realloc() char *strdup_callback(const char *str); To replace strdup() void *calloc_callback(size_t nmemb, size_t size); To replace calloc() This function is otherwise the same as curl_global_init(3), please refer to that man page for documentation. CAUTION
Manipulating these gives considerable powers to the application to severely screw things up for libcurl. Take care! SEE ALSO
curl_global_init(3), curl_global_cleanup(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 curl_global_init_mem(3)