Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to stay in remote shell after executing commands in ssh? Post 302468503 by Corona688 on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 02:04:31 AM
Old 11-03-2010
Code:
ssh -t user@host command ';' exec /bin/sh

The -t forces ssh to allocate a virtual terminal even though you're running a command, the ';' tacks another command on the end, and the 'exec /bin/sh' tells the other end to run a shell which reads from them. Substitute your shell of choice.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a script on a remote system via SSH

Hello all, I have a relatively simple script I wrote to generate a count of errors broken down. What I would like to do is execute this script from another server so that I don't actually have to log in to the server to run the check. The script on what we'll call "Server A" is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing commands over ssh

Hi I am trying to send a command over ssh with a parameter but the shell fails to expand the command properly any ideas what am i doing wrong with this. This is ssh on AIX for i in 71 72 73 74 75 do for server in server1 server2 do somestr="Some String" echo "$server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with executing multiple commands in remote machine

Hi, I work on a jumpserver and I wrote a script to transfer a file from source server to destination server. #!/bin/ksh echo "\nEnter the file name:\n" read name echo "\nSelect the Source server\n" echo "1. ODS PROD " echo "2. ODS DROPBOX" echo "3. ODS STE" echo "4. ODS STE DROPBOX"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command in a remote machine through ssh - shell script

Hi All, i have two machines like x and y . my requirement is i should connect to machine Y from x through ssh connection . and do some operation such as copy and move and delete files in Y machine . i tried with this code but it is doing in machine x only . and i need to exit from Y when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing commands in remote server using ssh

I have some commands which need to be executed in remote machine. I have Linux Server from where I need to connect to Solaris server using ssh and then declare some variable over there and run some commands. I don't want to call a script which is present in Solaris server from Linux server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing remote commands via ssh

Hi, I'm tryin to write a script that will collect information about a remote servers, put them into variables and print them to screen. # /usr/bin/bash ls $1 > /dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo "$1 is file" for server in $(cat $1) do # echo $server ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple ssh commands inside a shell simultaneously

I would like to execute a commands in four different servers through ssh at a single instance(simultaneously). Below are the details with examples, ssh user1@server1 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server2 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server3 "grep xxxx logs" Each statement will take some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help to execute ssh remote commands

Hi, The below command is not giving me the count , Can somebody help me in re-writing this pls . Proc_Exist=`ssh -q -o "BatchMode=yes" -o "PasswordAuthentication=no" $OAUSER@${Primary_Node} ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep "${ICM_Proc}" |wc -l ` Also the same problem with below... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in executing cat (remote ssh)

Hi, I need to ssh remotely to a machine and cat a file assign the value to a variable Script: #!/bin/bash -x value=`cat config.txt` echo "$value" ssh me@xxx.host.com "valu='cat /export/home/test.md5'; echo "$valu"" | tee Execution: $ ./x ++ cat config.txt + value='touch me' +... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script via SSH not executing

I have worked on multiple scenarios to execute remote script via ssh. This problem I am not able to resolve. 2 linux hosts. Server1, Server2 on Server1 I have script called ~/scripts/start_standalone.sh XXXX cd $JBOSS_HOME NODENAME=xyz; IP_ADDR=`hostname`; MGMT_IPADDR=`hostname`;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
3 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project