Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script for weather / forecast Post 302468403 by yamirokuay on Tuesday 2nd of November 2010 03:53:45 PM
Old 11-02-2010
The code works, but the spaces weren't deleted.
curl -s "$URL" | awk '/TEMPERATURA:/{gsub(/<[^>]*>/,x);print $2}' > temperatura.tx
If you open the file (temperatura.txt) with nano, you can see the spaces.
Thanks Smilie

I'll keep trying Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check weather file is blank or not?

Dear All I want to do following task. Kindly suggest. In my script every hour one file is genarated. say xyz.txt. Now if this file contain some data then i want to do task A and if file is blank then i want to do nothing. Kindly help me to do this. regards jaydeep (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify weather it is a ebcdic file or not

Hi all, Please tell me how to verify weather it is a ebcdic file or not . I checked with file commond but it is giving like International Language text. Regards, Chaitu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_chaitanya
0 Replies

3. Linux

Check weather a file is in use or not?

Hi, Hi want to check weather a file is being used by using a command or java code or shell script. So, can any body give me some idea.. Thanks Buddhika (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cse.buddhika
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Geo Weather Challenge

Hi everybody, I'm new to these forums and this is my first post. A couple days ago I was trying to find a simple script that would return an individual's local weather conditions using I.P. based geolocation. After many failed search attempts, I began my quest to create this for myself. I have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use PYTHON to collect data weather and print in new file

Hi all, i have a task to do with Python and because i'm a beginner on it i would like your help on this. Create a python script that: Every hour collect the Temperature (e.g. 29C) and Current Condition (e.g. Clear) from this website wunderground.com/global/stations/54511.html Create a CSV... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragaga123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a return value weather smartctl is running a (short) selftest or not

Hey guys, I'm kinda stuck here.. I'm trying to write a script, which should start a short selftest via smartctl, for example smartctl -t short /dev/sda and after the test is finished I want it to write the new smartvalues in a logfile. well... Now I need a return value for wether the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phill971
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forecast of jobs

Hello, I'm looking for forecast of Autosys Jobs, along with their status, in a specific time period. I tried job_depends and autorep. Problem with autorep is, I Cannot use from and to time, like I can use with job_depends, but the results are in a simple single line format for each job,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaram.m
0 Replies
curl_easy_escape(3)						  libcurl Manual					       curl_easy_escape(3)

NAME
curl_easy_escape - URL encodes the given string SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> char *curl_easy_escape( CURL *curl, char *url, int length ); DESCRIPTION
This function converts the given input string to an URL encoded string and returns that as a new allocated string. All input characters that are not a-z, A-Z, 0-9, '-', '.', '_' or '~' are converted to their "URL escaped" version (%NN where NN is a two-digit hexadecimal num- ber). If the length argument is set to 0 (zero), curl_easy_escape(3) uses strlen() on the input url to find out the size. You must curl_free(3) the returned string when you're done with it. AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.15.4 and replaces the old curl_escape(3) function. RETURN VALUE
A pointer to a zero terminated string or NULL if it failed. SEE ALSO
curl_easy_unescape(3), curl_free(3), RFC2396 libcurl 7.15.4 7 April 2006 curl_easy_escape(3)