Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Apache port has been shutdown and trying to up automatically Post 302468294 by verdepollo on Tuesday 2nd of November 2010 09:32:20 AM
Old 11-02-2010
Are there any stuck apache processes, what do the logs say?

Did you check if the port is being used by a different process?

What happens when you star/restart the daemon?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to find the process that is using the port 80 and apache server.

How to find the process that is using the port 80 and apache server. When i used the command 'netstat -a|grep 80' it given that port 80 is in listening mode. I had used the following command: telnet localhost 80 GET / I had got some HTML script. But when I accessed the GUI ( url is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
7 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Automatically shutdown windows

Hi, I'm trying to create a program on how to automatically shutdown my pc for a certain number of minutes. Well, actually i was able to make a very simple one by utilizing the shutdown.exe of windows. Now i'm trying to improve it by adding a function such that i can program my windows to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcoblefias
2 Replies

3. AIX

aix shutdown automatically

hi, My AIX (5.3) machine is getting shutdown automatically. After restarting the machine, its screen goes black and it shows in green: Unmounting the file system.... bringing down the network interface en0 ln0.......halt completed and system shutdowns. Can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vanit
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server has more TIME_WAIT connections in Apache(port 80)

Server has more TIME_WAIT connections in Apache(port 80) Hi, My webserver has 16GB of RAM and CentOS 5.5, Apache 2.2.3, It's shared webserver used of for webhosting. I have optmized the server as : <IfModule prefork.c>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
4 Replies

6. Web Development

Redirect to diff port on apache

Hi, I'm running both mail (webmail port = 8080) and web (http = 80) on same box. i am able to redirect as below without any problem. From: http://mail.abc.com To: http://www.abc.com:8080 I did the above with a simple virtualhost and redirect directive. But my requirement is to have same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddyr
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Serial Port Setting Automatically changes

I am trying to change the setting of serial port baud rate in Red Hat Linux 5.9 by the following command. >> stty 9600 cs8 -parenb -ixon -cstopb -echo -F /dev/ttyS0 The serial port will be used by our custom application in 2 separate servers which are the replica of one another. The port setting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
2 Replies
gdm-restart(1m) 						   User Commands						   gdm-restart(1m)

NAME
gdm-restart, gdm-safe-restart, gdm-stop - stop or restart GDM SYNOPSIS
gdm-restart gdm-safe-restart gdm-stop DESCRIPTION
gdm-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a HUP signal to the GDM daemon. This command immediately terminates all sessions and logs out users currently logged in with GDM. gdm-safe-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a USR1 signal to the GDM daemon. GDM is restarted as soon as all users log out. gdm-stop stops GDM by sending a TERM signal to the GDM daemon. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdm-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM /usr/bin/gdm-safe-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM safely /usr/bin/stop Executable to stop GDM ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdmXnestchooser(1), gdmdynamic(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmthemetester(1), gdm(1m), gdmsetup(1m), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004, 2006. SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2004 gdm-restart(1m)