Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Missing dependencies updating unixODBC / MySQL Connector Post 302468289 by Bengbers on Tuesday 2nd of November 2010 09:21:06 AM
Old 11-02-2010
Don't use --nodeps

I tried to force installation with rpm -Uvh --nodeps mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386.rpm. Fedora was still complaining on missing libraries and it took me an hour to restore my rpm-database so that seems not to have been a good idea.

Result from rpm -Uvh mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386.rpm is still:
fout: Failed dependencies:
libltdl.so.3 is needed by mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386
libodbc.so.1 is needed by mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386
libodbcinst.so.1 is needed by mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386

The output from yum whatprovides "*/libltdl.so" is libtool-ltdl-devel and even after a reinstall from this last package, rpm still complains that it can't find these libs.

Any guess?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Install MySQL connector without local SQL database

Hello UNIX gurus, I need to install the mysql odbc connector with unixODBC on my AIX 5.3 machine. I have a mySQL database running on another server (Ubuntu 7.04). The SQL database works fine. The problem I am having is when trying to run ./configure for mysql-connector-odbc it seems to be looking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

2. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies
yum-list-data(1)														  yum-list-data(1)

NAME
yum list data plugin SYNOPSIS
yum [options] [command] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
This plugin extends yum for some commands that give aggregate package data based on lists of packages added yum commands are: * list-vendors * info-vendors * list-rpm-groups * info-rpm-groups * list-packagers * info-packagers * list-licenses * info-licenses * list-arches * info-arches * list-committers * info-committers * list-buildhosts * info-buildhosts * list-baseurls * info-baseurls * list-package-sizes * info-package-sizes * list-archive-sizes * info-archive-sizes * list-installed-sizes * info-installed-sizes * list-groups * info-groups all of which take the same arguments as the list and info yum commands. The difference between the list and info varieties is that the info versions lists all the packages under each aggregation. list-vendors, info-vendors Is used to list the aggregate of the vendor attribute on the packages, examples are "Fedora Project" and "Red Hat, Inc.". list-rpm-groups, info-rpm-groups Is used to list the aggregate of the group attribute on the packages, examples are "Applications/System", "Development/Tools" and "System Environment/Base" list-packagers, info-packagers Is used to list the aggregate of the packager attribute on the packages, examples are "Fedora Project" and "Red Hat, Inc.". list-licenses, info-licenses Is used to list the aggregate of the license attribute on the packages, examples are "GPL" and "MIT" list-arches, info-arches Is used to list the aggregate of the arch attribute on the packages, examples are "i386" and "x86_64" list-committers, info-committers Is used to list the aggregate of the committer attribute on the packages, this is taken from the most recent changelog entry of the package. list-buildhosts, info-buildhosts Is used to list the aggregate of the buildhost attribute on the packages, examples are "mybuilder.example.com" and "xen- builder1.fedora.redhat.com" list-baseurls, info-baseurls Is used to list the aggregate of the url attribute on the packages after discarding the path of the URL, examples are "http://yum.baseurl.org/" and "http://www.and.org/" list-package-sizes, info-package-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the packagesize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-archive-sizes, info-archive-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the archivesize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-installed-sizes, info-installed-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the installedsize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-groups, info-groups Is used to list the aggregate of the yum groups that the packages are in, examples are in "yum grouplist". Note that in yum groups a package can be in more than one group at a time. It is worth noting that some of the above data can be "unknown", to yum, at which point a separate aggregation called "-- Unknown --" is listed. EXAMPLES
To list all the groups that have an update, along with the number of packages in each group, use: yum list-rpm-groups updates To list all the committers to packages that have yum in their name, use: yum list-committers 'yum*' To list ranges of the sizes of packages installed or available, use: yum list-package-sizes To list yum groups that have an update, use: yum list-groups SEE ALSO
yum-filter-data (1) yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. James Antill 04 February 2008 yum-list-data(1)