Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Space formatting issue in sed Post 302468190 by mady135 on Tuesday 2nd of November 2010 03:17:36 AM
Old 11-02-2010
Space formatting issue in sed

How to remove any space around a specific charachter from a string using sed.

for exmple :
the string is like following
Code:
str1='"name", "roll", "addr","job", "pay",'

I need to remove all the spaces aronnd the commas.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting space usage/available reports

I'm really, really new to writing scripts, but have been asked to generate a report that will show available space for a disk, space used by particular subdirectories on the disk and totals. I can get the information I need with du and df and output it to a text file but I'm stumped as to how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DesperateDBA
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed formatting query

hi i have to modify a number accross a file for example in the following file name - abc age 20 name - def age 25 name - pqr age 54 name - xyz age 32 i want the number against all age to be say 50. like this name - abc age 50 name - def (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopsman
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed formatting query2

i wish to remove "#" characters and replace them with a single # character. how to do that? ex if the file is like ####aasd ##pqr ###pqr #qwert output shud be #aasd #pqr #pqr #qwert plz hlp (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed formatting query

had asked this earlier , but now with some small modification. i wish to remove "#" characters and replace them with a single # character. how to do that? . like # should be appended in all lines ex if the file is like ####aasd ##pqr #qwert poppy output shud be #aasd #pqr #qwert... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Help needed(Sed)

I have a file called abc.txt which has following contents. 10.180.8.231=31608 10.180.8.232=29011 10.180.8.233=31606 10.180.8.234=40501 10.180.8.235=32591 10.180.8.236=31605 10.180.8.237=30561 10.180.8.238=14231 How would i find a ip address having maximum number of ram available. Here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting issue

I am running this query in a SQL session : info_dtls=`sqlplus -s / <<eof whenever sqlerror exit 1 set feedback off; set verify off; set echo off; set heading off; select trim(a.cont_title)||'","'||trim(b.cpgrp_desc)|| '","'||trim(to_char(to_date('20100930','yyyymmdd'),'MM/DD/YYYY'))||... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need solution to formatting issue

Hi All, I have written a grep command to grep the files containing Windows directories. I need to output this to a csv. So here is the code. OUTPUT_FILE="Sample-format.txt" ACT_OUTPUT_FILE="Sample-format.csv" grep -wHrnI --exclude=*.log ':\{1,2\}*\{1,2\}*'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamingo_l
0 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

email from *nix to Exchange - text formatting issue

Oracle Linux 5.6 x-86-64 (Red Hat derivitive) I have several shell scripts that capture output to a log file, then use that log file as the source of an email. For a very simplified example: echo Today is `date` >> $logfile /bin/mail -s "$subject" "$sendto" < $logfile (yes, $subject... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Syslog formatting issue

Hi, I am using log4j syslog appender to redirect the application logs to the solaris syslog. However, I am facing issue in formatting. It is not able to interpret new line characters and is printing \n as it is. Ex: Following is getting written into the syslog file. "\n \n File =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Script Output in Outlook Formatting Issue

When i execute the below shell script with 2 different Input files, for one of the data files (datafile1) my email message body in the outlook messes up and every thing comes up in one line. May i please know what i am doing wrong here or how to fix this? The only difference in data files is one is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)