Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl basic multiple pattern matching Post 302468170 by turk451 on Tuesday 2nd of November 2010 01:12:05 AM
Old 11-02-2010
Just one of a million Perl solutions:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

open(IN,"out1.txt") || die("Could not open infile!");
open(OUT,">extract.txt") || die("Could not open outfile!");
foreach $line (<IN>) {
  if (rindex($line,"firstName") > -1) {
    @splitLine = split(/"/, $line);
    print(OUT $splitLine[11].",");
  } elsif (rindex($line,"lastName") > -1) {
    print(OUT $splitLine[11].",");
  } elsif (rindex($line,"jobTitleOther") > -1) {
    print(OUT $splitLine[13].",");
  } elsif (rindex($line,"company") > -1) {
    print(OUT $splitLine[13]."\n");
  }
}

This User Gave Thanks to turk451 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl pattern matching

hi i am trying to get digits inside brackes from file , whose structure is defined below CREATE TABLE TELM (SOC_NO CHAR (3) NOT NULL, TXN_AMOUNT NUMBER (17,3) SIGN_ON_TIME CHAR (8) TELLER_APP_LIMIT NUMBER (17,3) FIL01 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern Matching !!! Help

Hello I got the below one from in one of this forums For Ex: Loading File System Networking in nature now i need to extract the patterns between the words File and Networking : i.e. sample output: System cmd used : cat <file> | sed 's/.*File //' | sed 's/Closing.*$//' Actually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern Matching

Hello experts, I have a file containing the following text(shortened here). File Begin ---------- < # Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_T4 < Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_T4 --- > # Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_Cassini >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl pattern matching!!

Hi experts, I have many occurances of the following headers in a file. I need to grep for the word changed/inserted in the header, calculate the difference between the two numbers and list the count incrementally. Headers in a file look like this: ------------------- ---------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern matching...

I am doing a file patterhn matching for a text file in PERL I am using this,,, but it says that no file is found $filepattern = '\d{1,4}.*A0NW9693.NDM.HBIDT.*.AD34XADJ.txt'; Can anyone help me out with Perl Pattern Matching concepts and how to do pattern matching for this txt file:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching in PERL

I have a 2 files in .gz format and it consists of 5 million lines the format of the file would be gzcat file1.gz | more abcde aerere ffgh56 .. .. 12345 gzcat file2.gz | more abcde , 12345 , 67890, ffgh56 , 45623 ,12334 whatever the string is in the file1 should be matched... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with perl pattern matching

My log file looks as given below, its actually a huge file around 1 GB and these are some of the line: conn=5368758 op=10628050 msgId=64 - RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=1 etime=0 conn=7462122 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=247 slot=247 LDAPS connection from 10.13.18.12:37645 to 10.18.6.45 conn=7462122... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need with PERL multiple search pattern matching!

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=9 uid=oracle conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in Perl

Hi, I have a list of IP, eg : 192.168.0.15 192.168.0.24 192.168.2.110 192.168.2.200 And I would like the shortest pattern who match with '192.168.0' and '192.168.2' (without the last dot and number). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: X-Or
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Use of *? in Matching Pattern

I am using Perl version 5.8.4 and trying to understand the use of regular expression. Following is my code and output. $string = "Perl is a\nScripting language"; ($start) = ($string =~ /\A(.*?) /); @lines = ($string =~ /^(.*?) /gm); print "First Word (using \\A): $start\n","Line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
4 Replies
INDEX(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  INDEX(3)

NAME
index, rindex - locate character in string SYNOPSIS
#include <strings.h> char *index(const char *s, int c); char *rindex(const char *s, int c); DESCRIPTION
The index() function returns a pointer to the first occurrence of the character c in the string s. The rindex() function returns a pointer to the last occurrence of the character c in the string s. The terminating null byte ('') is considered to be a part of the strings. RETURN VALUE
The index() and rindex() functions return a pointer to the matched character or NULL if the character is not found. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +------------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +------------------+---------------+---------+ |index(), rindex() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +------------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
4.3BSD; marked as LEGACY in POSIX.1-2001. POSIX.1-2008 removes the specifications of index() and rindex(), recommending strchr(3) and str- rchr(3) instead. SEE ALSO
memchr(3), strchr(3), string(3), strpbrk(3), strrchr(3), strsep(3), strspn(3), strstr(3), strtok(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2015-03-02 INDEX(3)