Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux remote app on Windows
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Linux remote app on Windows Post 302468094 by bobmanc on Monday 1st of November 2010 03:38:21 PM
Old 11-01-2010
Thanks DG. The difference with my solution is it doesn't require any GUI to be running on the server side. My app simulates a GUI by just communicating over SSH. I would think most servers are running without a GUI, no?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to detect if a Windows app dies??

Hello All: I hope this is the right category... I have a application (this app runs under java and jboss) that runs under Windows, it's started as a service. If that application should become disabled, crash or no longer function, what would be the best method for determining it is no longer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

view remote linux desktop on my windows machine

Hi, is there anyway i can view a remote linux desktop on my windows desktop? i am aware that X11 can see 'certain screens'. For eg if i type 'xclock &' and i have a client running on my windows, i can see the clock. If i am interested to see the entire desktop of my linux, how can i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needing a line feed for windows app

I wrote a program to format data with awk. This file will goto a windows machine and loaded into a windows app. The vendor said adding a line feed would help, but it would work as is. I am already doing a /n, will putting on the /r give the windows person what he wants. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple app to communicate windows and linux/unix

Careful!!! This is a newbie question! Hello Community I'd like to develop a very simple application, on the one side (some windows pcs with a listener and sender) on the other side a linux server that does the same. Any suggestions about doing that? telnet, smbclient????? It must be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
3 Replies

5. Linux

Install Linux on remote server from Windows PC

I am very new with servers and have never used Linux. The server I'm looking at is not currently connected to anything, and I wish to install Linux on this server. It doesn't have a monitor (no video card) or keyboard. It does have a DVD. Can I communicate with that server using a Windows PC to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvalenti
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy everything from remote Linux to external hard drive in windows

Hi, I`m trying to copy an entire directory(with numerous files, folders and subfolders etc, a content size of 500gigs) from a linux machine running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 to an external hard drive on my windows. I downloaded and installed psftp on my windows and I can login using psftp... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows app over Sun Fire 445?

Please, I have a professional application that run only over windows, but I have a Full Sun Fire 445 for that. Someone can sugest me about how to do? Wich S.O can be use. Thanks before hand. Please read the forum rules again. Rule #9 should be in your focus. Thank you! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abelop
9 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Can a ios app be developed on a windows or ipad?

hi, i want to start developing an ios app that can be used on iphone and ipad. can anyone guide me how to start? i saw that it can be developed only on a mac system.. but i dont have a mac system. i have an ipad 4 and a laptop with windows os? can i use one of these to start developing ios app??... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote file transfer between Linux and Windows

Hello, I have a file, say details.txt on my windows machine. I want to copy it to linux machine through a shell script and edit the file and transfer the file back to windows machine. (All I want to do is to edit the file on windows machine from linux machine by a script.) I have tried scp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
1 Replies
GSMARKUPBROWSER.APP(1)					      General Commands Manual					    GSMARKUPBROWSER.APP(1)

NAME
GSMarkupBrowser.app - GNUstep Development Framework SYNOPSIS
GSMarkupBrowser.app [FILE] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the GSMarkupBrowser.app utility. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution (based on the program's README file) because the original program does not have a manual page. GSMarkupBrowser.app is a GNUstep Renaissance utility that allows a developer to review the look and feel of a GUI based on its GNUstep Renaissance Markup Language file (gsmarkup for short.) This allows the designer to develop the layout without having to actually have working code to run the program. Of course, the GUI is just for visual inspection -- it does not support any functional use of the application. Renaissance was written by Nicola Pero (n.pero@mi.flashnet.it) and is part of the GNUstep project (http://www.gnustep.org). GNUstep Renaissance home page is at http://www.gnustep.it/Renaissance. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Brent A. Fulgham <bfulgham@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
GSMarkupLocalizableStrings.app(1), Renaissance(7) GNUstep February 6, 2004 GSMARKUPBROWSER.APP(1)