Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX nim: error signal number 2 received Post 302467991 by omonoiatis9 on Monday 1st of November 2010 07:45:55 AM
Old 11-01-2010
regarding the above message...
the strange thing is that, as you can see from my first post, the message "0042-002 nim: error signal number 2 received -
processing aborted" is displayed on the screen after the message "(100%)0512-038 savevg: Backup Completed Successfully."

i tried the same procedure for 2-3 different servers and it always happened like this.
so i get the message that my mksysb backup completed successfully but at the same time the status of the command that it is displayed on smit screen is still "running".
no matter how long i wait for it to finish it stays like this. thats why in the end i make Ctrl-C to abort the command so that i can exit the screen.
but the main question is how the backup can be completed while at the same time it is in the status "running"?

thank you for your reply,
Stavros

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.

I ran degugger in C++ and the followings are the message I got: Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. 0x002a57a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (gdb) info s #0 0x002a57a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2 #1 0x002e97f5 in raise () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: napapanbkk
1 Replies

2. Programming

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

Dear all, I used debugger from C++ and these are the message I got: Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x00323fc0 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (gdb) info s #0 0x00323fc0 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6 #1 0x00794fa1 in operator delete () from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: napapanbkk
5 Replies

3. AIX

nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record the Signal Type or Number in Bash Trap function

In my Bash script I have an exit/cleanup function in a trap statement like: trap exitCleanup 1 2 3 6 15 25 Is there anyway to capture which signal # has occurred to record in a log file. Please note I am trying to avoid something like: trap 'mySignal=1; exitCleanup' 1 trap... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
1 Replies

5. AIX

Received signal #11, SIGSEGV [default] on AIX 6.1

Hello, One of our customer is getting segmentation fault when he runs his shell script which invokes our executable on AIX 6.1. On AIX 5.3, there were no issues. Here is the truss output. 811242: __loadx(0x0A040000, 0xF0D3A26C, 0x00000000, 0x00000009, 0x00000000) = 0xF026E884... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erra_krishna
0 Replies

6. Programming

Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”?

I am making a command line program in C using XCode. When running the program, it initially does what it is supposed to do (asks me for a file path). However, when I type in a valid and existing file path, it gives me the following error: Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdonova33
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk count how many IP have received that error

Hi all, I want to write a awk script that counts unique IPs that have received one special error. For example 25-04-2012;192.168.70.31;1254545454545417;500.0;SUCCESS 25-04-2012;192.168.70.32;355666650914;315126423993;;General_ERROR_23 30-04-2012;192.168.70.33;e;null;null;Failure... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
4 Replies

8. Programming

Why do I receive Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted?

Im using gdb and when a user disconnects from my server I receive a message Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. 0x7ffe0304 in ?? () I was hoping someone here might have a explination for this message in gdb (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
26 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error received

I have a program that i need to get done that gets the person's name and his grade then prints it in this order "name-grade-gradeletter" so i wrote this code: #!/bin/bash while :; do read -p "Enter the person's name: " name read -p "Enter the grade of the person: " grade case $grade in )... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UniverseCloud
3 Replies
MPI_Alloc_mem(3OpenMPI) 												   MPI_Alloc_mem(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_Alloc_mem - Allocates a specified memory segment. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_Alloc_mem(MPI_Aint size, MPI_Info info, void *baseptr) Fortran Syntax (see FORTRAN NOTES) INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_ALLOC_MEM(SIZE, INFO, BASEPTR, IERROR) INTEGER INFO, IERROR INTEGER(KIND=MPI_ADDRESS_KIND) SIZE, BASEPTR C++ Syntax #include <mpi.h> void* MPI::Alloc_mem(MPI::Aint size, const MPI::Info& info) INPUT PARAMETERS
size Size of memory segment in bytes (nonnegative integer). info Info argument (handle). OUTPUT PARAMETERS
baseptr Pointer to beginning of memory segment allocated. IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
MPI_Alloc_mem allocates size bytes of memory. The starting address of this memory is returned in the variable base. FORTRAN NOTES
There is no portable FORTRAN 77 syntax for using MPI_Alloc_mem. There is no portable Fortran syntax for using pointers returned from MPI_Alloc_mem. However, MPI_Alloc_mem can be used with Sun Fortran compilers. From FORTRAN 77, you can use the following non-standard declarations for the SIZE and BASEPTR arguments: INCLUDE "mpif.h" INTEGER*MPI_ADDRESS_KIND SIZE, BASEPTR From either FORTRAN 77 or Fortran 90, you can use "Cray pointers" for the BASEPTR argument. Cray pointers are described further in the For- tran User's Guide and are supported by many Fortran compilers. For example, INCLUDE "mpif.h" REAL*4 A(100,100) POINTER (BASEPTR, A) INTEGER*MPI_ADDRESS_KIND SIZE SIZE = 4 * 100 * 100 CALL MPI_ALLOC_MEM(SIZE,MPI_INFO_NULL,BASEPTR,IERR) ! use A CALL MPI_FREE_MEM(A, IERR) ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job, except for I/O function errors. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_Free_mem Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_Alloc_mem(3OpenMPI)