Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron job randomly once a day
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron job randomly once a day Post 302467699 by lucker on Saturday 30th of October 2010 08:00:11 PM
Old 10-30-2010
Error Cron job randomly once a day

I want to create a cron job randomly once a day for my site's registration.
The responsible file for registrations is a config file and I need to change the contents
twice on day (on and off)
I know the way for random cron job for example
Code:
*/n * * * * /usr/local/bin/php /home/user/domain.com/cron.php >/dev/null 2>&1(registrations on)

but i don't know how to change the values after one hour to normall (registrations off)..
Any suggestions on this>??
Sorry for my bad English
Thank you in advance

Last edited by Scott; 10-31-2010 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON usage for CRON job

can anybody explain the usage of CRON for adding a cron job. please provide an example also for better understanding !!! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

2. Solaris

cron job starts new cron proccess

I run cron in solaris 10 zone. One cron job which syncing files to nfs mounted on container, creates after finishing another cron proccess(/usr/sbin/cron), and after 100 existing cron proccesses next cron job will not start. It's too weird for me, I'm not able to solve this problem. Theoretically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron76
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys Job Running every 5th Day of Month

Hi, Is there a way to schedule a job in Autosys to run every 5th Day of Month without using custom calendar? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbhatnag
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys job scheduling on specific day

Below is the requirement i am trying to do using auto sysjob. I need to create a JOB or script which will do the below things for me I have a box and there corresponding jobs as below BOX_1 JOB_1 JOB_2 BOX_2--- SU(JOB_2), this will run only on completion (Success) of JOB_2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run A Job in Cron On A Specific Day Excluding Holidays

Hi, I want to run a job in cron on a specific date(say 25th of every month) excluding holidays. Can anyone provide some hints to do this? Thanks for any inputs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sktkpl
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Disabling cron for few hours each day

Hi Is there any way to disable cron adhoc ? I want to run a script for every one minute between 04 to 00 hours will the below serves my purpose ? 01 04-00 * * * <your script> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX cron job is running everyday instead of on a particular day

Hello, I was trying to run a script on a dev server using cron job. It supposed to run 3rd sunday of every month. 45 4 15-21 * 0 /home/user1/myscript.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 # run this script 3rd sunday of every month When I Schedule it on AIX server, It is running every day at 4:45 AM. am I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar7997
3 Replies
How-To send or update registrations.(3) 			    libeXosip2				   How-To send or update registrations.(3)

NAME
How-To send or update registrations. - eXosip2 offers a flexible API to help you to register one or several identities. Initiate a registration To start a registration, you need to build a default REGISTER request bby providing several mandatory headers osip_message_t *reg = NULL; int id; int i; eXosip_lock (); id = eXosip_register_build_initial_register (identity, registrar, NULL, 1800, &reg); if (id < 0) { eXosip_unlock (); return -1; } osip_message_set_supported (reg, '100rel'); osip_message_set_supported(reg, 'path'); i = eXosip_register_send_register (id, reg); eXosip_unlock (); return i; The returned element of eXosip_register_build_initial_register is the registration identifier that you can use to update your registration. In future events about this registration, you'll see that registration identifier when applicable. Update a registration You just need to reuse the registration identifier: int i; eXosip_lock (); i = eXosip_register_build_register (id, 1800, &reg); if (i < 0) { eXosip_unlock (); return -1; } eXosip_register_send_register (id, reg); eXosip_unlock (); Note: The above code also shows that the stack is sometimes able to build and send a default SIP messages with only one API call Closing the registration A softphone should delete its registration on the SIP server when terminating. To do so, you have to send a REGISTER request with the expires header set to value '0'. The same code as for updating a registration is used with 0 instead of 1800 for the expiration delay. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libeXosip2 from the source code. Version 3.1.0 Sun Jun 24 2012 How-To send or update registrations.(3)