Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pending signals
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers pending signals Post 302467415 by joker40 on Friday 29th of October 2010 09:20:53 AM
Old 10-29-2010
pending signals

I was wondering about following. If I have set of 3 signals. And they are all blocked.Now at some point in the program the set is unblocked. Which signal will be delivered first.This is my set....SIGTSTP,SIGQUIT,SIGINT.When I added them in the set and unblock them I did it in following order...
Code:
sigaddset(&mySet, SIGINT);
sigaddset(&mySet, SIGQUIT);
sigaddset(&mySet, SIGTSTP);
sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, &mySet, NULL);

Last cal will unblock all signals but which one will be delivered first. When I play with this it seems that SIGINT is the first one to be delivered.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Signals In HP-UX

does the way of handling, interrupting signals in HP-UX same as that of solaris. If there is difference than what it is.?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilv
1 Replies

2. Programming

msgrcv pending forever !!!

When I am using msgrcv to get a message from a queue, in case of msgsnd some error, the msgrcv thread will waiting forever. Is there some way that I can specify a time out value for this queue ? just let msgrcv wait for some time, if no message comes during this time slot, msgrcv just return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yun Gang Chen
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signals...

(posted this in the scripting forum as well, but figured it should go here) So, what's going on is this: For our program, we had to create our own shell, and if the user pressed ctrl-c just at the cmdline, then this signal would be ignored, but if there is a foreground process running, let's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blind melon
0 Replies

4. Programming

Using Signals

How can use signals in a C program If i want a child program to signal it's parent program that it(child) program has completed the task that it was assigned.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
2 Replies

5. Programming

C++ signals Linux

how can do this programs in c++ Program description: Infinite loop in a program starts working with 2 seconds the screen (console) "I 'm trying" to write, but it automatically after 10 seconds, the screen "Close" will terminate the execution of typing. c++ code (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss54
3 Replies

6. Programming

How can I tell when recv is finished with pending data?

I'm working with recv and I am having a heck of a lot of trouble ignoring excess data that I did not ask for. I was hoping someone could shine some light on the subject for me because I'm not getting anywhere fast. ---------- Post updated at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:31 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Signals

Hi All, The problem statement is as below: Problem: A process (exe) is getting executed in background. The output of this process is getting logged in a file. After successfully running for some time the process gets terminated. In the log file following is present: ^M[7m Interrupt ^M[27m... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praty.27
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check pending mail in mail queue

I know the command mailq can check the pending mail in mqueue , and also have another command to check POSIX mail queue in server , now I will regularly check the mqueue manually , it is time consuming , would advise the script that could help to check the mail queue , and then send the details to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
3 Replies
mdbFontSize(5)							 The m17n Library						    mdbFontSize(5)

NAME
mdbFontSize - Font Size DESCRIPTION
In some case, a font contains incorrect information about its size (typically in the case of a hacked TrueType font), which results in a bad text layout when such a font is used in combination with the other fonts. To overcome this problem, the m17n library loads information about font-size adjustment from the m17n database by the tags <font, resize>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-SIZE-ADJUSTMENT ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ADJUST-RATIO ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ADJUST-RATIO ::= INTEGER FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. ADJUST-RATIO is an integer number specifying by percentage how much the font-size must be adjusted. For instance, this PER-FONT: ((devanagari-cdac) 150) instructs the font handler of the m17n library to open a font of 1.5 times bigger than a requested size on opening a font whose registry is 'devanagari-cdac'. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontSize(5)