Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers update value in a file using variable passed via unix script Post 302467370 by methyl on Friday 29th of October 2010 05:53:55 AM
Old 10-29-2010
Quote:
cat $LOG_DIR/job1.out 1>> $JOB_LOG 2>> $JOB_ERR
I'm a bit worried about this line. What is it intended to do?

Please give examples of "the job step#" in one-digit, two-digit, three-digit form.
Is there anything else in the single record of the file restart_job1.job , and is it a normal unix text file?

Last edited by methyl; 10-29-2010 at 07:04 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script variable passed to Oracle query

Hi All, I pass a Perl script variable, whch is passed to a query to be prepared. But the problem is I have special character like '&' in this variable which are handled in a special way by the Oracle query parser. How do I get over this? my $cust_name='A&B'; my $sql="Select cust_short_name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix script for update or insert records from a file to a oracle table

Hi, I have delimited file(|). Sample data: 1|name|50009|DS24|0|12 2|name|30009|DS24|0|13 3|name|20409|DS24|0|14 4|name|20009|DS24|0|15 5|name|10009|DS24|0|16 I want to load this data into a oracle table (update and insert) Please help me the commands and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the path of a file when it is passed as ....filename(parameter) to script

hi unix guru's..................:confused: question is posted in the #3 permalink shown below. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the maximum length of a unix shell variable which can be can passed to plsql

what is the maximum length of a unix shell variable which can be can passed to plsql variable:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script in tracking both the passed and failed login in a unix server

Can you help me in providing the following output or a quite similar to this from a shell script ? *** Logins Summary Information ***** ---------------------------------- Failed Login Attempts for Invalid Accounts Date Time IP-ADD Account ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the file name passed to a shell script

Hi all I want to use the filename passed into a shell script within the shell it self. The file will be passed as shown below ./myScript < myFile.file i tried $1 but i think since myFile is not passed as a command line arg its not saving the file name in $1 any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridanu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file and returning passed variable if the value does not exist in file at all.

I have a list of fields that I want to check a file for, returning that field if it not found at all in the file. Is there a way to do a grep -lc and return the passed variable too rather then just the count? I am doing some crappy work-around now but I was not sure how to regrep this for :0 so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: personalt
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Value of variable not getting passed in child script

Hi, I am facing a challenge in fixing an issue in my installation scripts.Here is a situation: There are 3 files which are invoked at a below given order: Installer.ksh----->Installer.xml(Ant script)------->common.ksh I am outputting a message from common.ksh at a terminal, after that trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baig_1988
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

In the sh file variable is not being passed on.

I am having difficulties with the fllowing script: !/bin/sh voicemaildir=/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/$1/$2/INBOX/ echo `date` ':' $voicemaildir >> /var/log/voicemail-notify.log for audiofile in `ls $voicemaildir/*.wav`; do transcriptfile=${audiofile/wav/transcript} ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghurty
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Update DB table from txt file using CRONJOB in Unix Shell Script

Hi Experts, can guide how we can Update a Database Table using a txt file source Using Unix Shell Scripts. What are the Cron Jobs codes can written to Update DB table. txt file contains record like data. US 09/03/2012 User DocType DocID. these above feilds in txt files need to be updated in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh.sap
4 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)