Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to share/mount ZFS in two non-global zones? Post 302467191 by jlliagre on Thursday 28th of October 2010 01:57:34 PM
Old 10-28-2010
I'm always perplexed when people opt to implement a solution which is unsupported, slower and more complex than the supported one. Oh well ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Global Zones

I'm logged into a non-global zone server. How would I find out what the global zone server name is from there? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Global zones - not allow log via SSH

Hi, I have Global zone and 2 users: root and app. I know password root and app. When a user app log - putty displays Access denied Using keyboard-interactive authentication. In file /etc/security/policy.conf I set CRYPT_DEFAULT=2a And in file /etc/ssh/sshd_config I set PermitRootLogin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to see global hostname by logging in non global zones?

Hi guru Could any one help me by letting me know, how to see global hostname by logging in non global zones Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

6. Solaris

cpu- requirements for non-global zones

Hello Admins, Does anyone has any idea on how to assign no. of cpu and memory to non-global zones on solaris 10..... We have few zones in our environment. We wanted to assign memory and no of cpu's ..(e.g. 4Gb / 2 CPU's) Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mount nas-share using generated credentials (mount EC 13,32)

Heyas At home i have 1 nas with 3 shares, of which i used to mount 2 of them using a script with hardcoded password and username in it. EDIT: Turns out, its not the script, but 'how i access' the nas share.. (-o user=XY,password=... VS. -o credentials=...). Figured about credential files,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 - rexplorer and Non-Global zones

Hi all - not really a problem as such, but just hoping someone can shed some light. We point rexplorer to multiple Global zones and it works as expected. However, each Non-Global zone get around a hundred of root su'ing to root messages, i.e.: SU 07/14 03:02 + ??? root-root SU 07/14 03:02 +... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Global/Zones patching

Issue is : We have Solaris Global with 12 Zones and some have 15 Zones. All the OS version are10. Is it possible to apply patch at Zone level instead of patching at Global level? Please let me know. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baladelaware73
10 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)