Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem with useradd, -p option in Solaris 10 Post 302467174 by Corona688 on Thursday 28th of October 2010 12:19:41 PM
Old 10-28-2010
It will let you create invalid projects, it seems, but the error is clear enough: "name should be all lower case or numeric" and . is neither. I wonder if it will let you get away with an underscore.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Solaris C compiler option -Xc

Anyone know what the -Xc option does? Is there an equivalent option for the Gnu compiler? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
3 Replies

2. Solaris

useradd problem

O/S: Solaris 9 Architecture: SPARC The man page for useradd states, "The new login remains locked until the passwd(1) command is executed." This is a problem for me when accessing remotely via SSH and creating a new account from the console with useradd. As soon as I try to login into the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxsun1
3 Replies

3. Solaris

audit useradd, userdel on solaris 10

I just want to audit and log to syslog when a user is added, removed or modified from the system. According to the docs I have: #/etc/security/audit_control dir:/var/audit flags:ua minfree:20 naflags:ua plugin:name=audit_syslog.so.1; p_flags=ua But neither syslog nor auditreduce -c ua... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: glisha
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Purpose D option in useradd command

Hi Can any one tell about -D option in the useradd command? Thanks MaroV (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
3 Replies

5. Solaris

useradd giving error in solaris 10

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 in my PC and now installing Oracle10, but while adding a user i am getting following error: useradd -g oinstall -G dba -d /export/home/oracle oracle UX: useradd: ERROR: Inconsistent password files. See pwconv(1M). I have tried pwconv command,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitanshu.verma
4 Replies

6. Solaris

useradd problem

:wall:i want to create a user in solaris whose password expires after every 30 minutes and he has to change his password after evry thirty minutes.How can we do that?:confused: thanx and regards, shekhar (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
17 Replies

7. Solaris

useradd problem number 2

i added a default user by command useradd shekhar it took user's default directory as /home/shekhar now when i am going inside /home and giving this command cd /home ls-ld it is not showing any directory named shekhar? why so? thanx shekhar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
3 Replies

8. Solaris

audit useradd userdel usermod in solaris 10

the previous thread on this problem was closed with no resolution/workaround that i could see...have there been any breakthroughs? :wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lisah66
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 useradd confusion[solved]

I installed Solaris 10 (8/11) and added an account for myself. It lives in /export/home/{name} but /etc/passwd shows it is /home/{name} where it seems to be mounted like a filesystem. I tried to create another account from the command line but it doesn't work the same way. I can't find... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dokhebi
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Audit useradd/userdel - Solaris 11

Linux audits in syslog, any time a user is deleted or added. However, I'm running a Solaris11 VM, and find no such entries. How can I enable auditing for useradd and userdel? Oracle's documentation on managing the auditing service, has been of no assistance. Thanks. Customizing What Is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
7 Replies
projects(1)							   User Commands						       projects(1)

NAME
projects - print project membership of user SYNOPSIS
projects [-dv] [ user] projects -l [projectname [projectname...]] DESCRIPTION
The projects command prints on standard output the projects to which the invoking user or an optionally specified user belongs. Each user belongs to some set of projects specified in the project(4) file and possibly in the associated NIS maps and LDAP databases for project information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Prints only default project. -l Prints verbose info on each project projectname. If no projectnames are given, info on all projects is printed. -v Prints project descriptions along with project names. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: projectnaDisplay information for the specified project. user Displays project memberships for the specified user. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying Membership for a Specified User example$ projects paul default beatles wings example$ projects ringo default beatles example$ projects -d paul beatles EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 A fatal error occurred during execution. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. FILES
/etc/project Local database containing valid project definitions for this machine. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The human-readable output is Unstable. SEE ALSO
getdefaultproj(3PROJECT), getprojent(3PROJECT), project(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 May 2004 projects(1)