Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Missing dependencies updating unixODBC / MySQL Connector Post 302467153 by Bengbers on Thursday 28th of October 2010 11:05:15 AM
Old 10-28-2010
This was my first post to this site and I didn't know that the thread was inactive.
To where has my original post been moved?

Ben

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Install MySQL connector without local SQL database

Hello UNIX gurus, I need to install the mysql odbc connector with unixODBC on my AIX 5.3 machine. I have a mySQL database running on another server (Ubuntu 7.04). The SQL database works fine. The problem I am having is when trying to run ./configure for mysql-connector-odbc it seems to be looking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

2. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies
osql(1) 							 FreeTDS Utilities							   osql(1)

NAME
osql - utility to test FreeTDS connections and queries SYNOPSIS
osql -S dsn -U username -P password [-I ini_dir] DESCRIPTION
osql is a diagnostic tool provided as part of FreeTDS. It is a Bourne shell script that checks and reports on your configuration files. If everything checks out OK, it invokes isql. osql works only with the isql that comes with unixODBC. OPTIONS
-S dsn the Data Source Name to which to connect, as known to odbc.ini. -U username database login name. -P password database password. -I ini_dir override odbc.ini file location. EXAMPLE
If you have an odbc.ini with a section like this: [myDSN] servername = myserver TDS_Version = 5.0 You would invoke osql as: osql -S myDSN [...] NOTES
If you can connect with "osql -S servername -U user -P passwd", your FreeTDS ODBC installation is working. osql guesses where unixODBC might look for its odbc.ini by examining the binary. This is not always an effective approach. If it doesn't work, you'll receive a report of candidate strings. Kindly pass along the output to help improve the guessing. If osql cannot intuit your odbc.ini directory, you can force the issue with the -I option. However, you're instructing osql what to test, not where unixODBC will eventually look. Your override is therefore only as good as you are. Look carefully at the error output before overriding. If you have suggestions for ways to make osql more useful as a diagnostic tool, please post them to the FreeTDS mailing list. HISTORY
osql first appeared in FreeTDS 0.65. AUTHORS
The osql utility was written by James K. Lowden doc 13 November 2011 osql(1)