Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX SFTP through MS ISA proxy Post 302466950 by dukessd on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 07:14:23 PM
Old 10-27-2010
might be easier to get a windows box to collect them from the AIX system and send them on to the internet for you as their connection is already working.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

microsoft isa server

Just installed Linux on my box at work and i'm not sure how to connect to isa server, that is used here - any help would be appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kareivis
3 Replies

2. AIX

[Q] secureftp (sftp) on AIX 4.3.3

Hi, all I am using non-secure ftp on AIX 4.3.3. But, I am facing IT audit, have to install secureftp on AIX 4.3.3 ftp server. Most fo all, I have no experience secureftp. sftp is equl to ssh ? I am searching "sftp, secureftp" but it was difficult to find binary code to install, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolfhyun
1 Replies

3. AIX

SFTP on AIX 5.2.2

Hello, On my test host I've installed the SSH soft. Created the Public & Private key for sftp and all works fine. Now I want to modify my scheduled scripts, that runs in batch mode, to work automatically. How can I bypass the Passphrase request when I start my sftp connection. I modified the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fima62
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

isa serial port adapter card no longer detectedworking

hi all, i've got an old PC with unix (SCO System V/386 rel. 3.2) on it. Pentium I; 128mb; ISA 2-port RS232 serial adapter card for an oki dot-matrix printer. (no usb, no CD) i've been running an old cobol program to do some invoicing and print reports. some time back i changed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankpky
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Software/tool to route an IP packet to proxy server and capture the Proxy reply as an

Hi, I am involved in a project on Debian. One of my requirement is to route an IP packet in my application to a proxy server and receive the reply from the proxy server as an IP packet. My application handles data at the IP frame level. My application creates an IP packet(with all the necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_BK
0 Replies

6. Linux

SFTP an internet address from a system behind an internet proxy

I was wondering if it is possible to setup SFTP to go through the internet proxy while connecting to an internet location. Problem: Client system is behind internet proxy. SFTP to any internet location fails as there is no documented way to configure SFTP to connect to internet locations through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toobrown1
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Connessione con client SFTP via Proxy

Ciao a tutti, ho l'esigenza di collegarmi in SFTP (client Winscp) ad una macchina solaris che vedo attraverso un'altra macchina solaris. Come configuro la connessione ? Sulla macchina diretta non ho problemi mentre sulla remota non so come configurare i parametri per utilizzare la diretta come... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbyred
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Proxy Server and SFTP routing

Hi Friends, I am trying to connect to remote server via proxy server and transfer files from my server . the proxy server is windows. I wanted to know is that is it possible? I am using command to connect is /usr/local/bin/sftp -o "ProxyCommand nc proxyserver.com 8080"(E-Mail... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallayanala
6 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Httpd proxy on AIX: failed to connect SSL

Hi, I am trying to migrate a quite old proxy server with Apache httpd, running on AIX The scenario is that my server accepts connections on http and proxies them to an SSL backend. This is done in a ProxyPass statement, as follows: ProxyPass /myservice/my-ws... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trifo75
1 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD