Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Makefile includes and shell environment during compile Post 302466878 by DGPickett on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 03:12:56 PM
Old 10-27-2010
I suppose it generated -I and -L -lxxx -lyyy, but usually you can just put them in the Makefile as assignments or make includes. You might generate the variable setup with a make include, and then just reference the make variables.

The cc can make an include dependency lists using -I.

ldd can tell you where the -L dirs are, although if dynamic libs are used, there is usually an environment variable for all the necessary directories, so you need just -l's.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I have not c compile environment ,i can download it but it ends with *.gz,so i can't

I need for help . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsun5
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX environment?

:( :confused: Does anybody here know how to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX enviroment? I am so confused. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environment variables in Makefile

I've seen a few other threads like this, but they either went unanswered or failed to answer my question. How do I set an environment variable in a Makefile? What I'm trying to do is use GNU make to automate an ant build. In order to run ant, I've got to first set a few environment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bags
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script in makefile

Hi, Can we execute a shell script by makefile. I mean we will write a shell script in a make file and it will be executed when we compile the C++ program using make file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script makefile

Is there a way to write a makefile for all the source files in a directory with a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzhan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compile a shell script

How can i compile a KSH shell script. I Dont want to execute it. I just need to compile it . Any Help sincerly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change makefile environment variables

this is my first post so Hello, here is my question @top level Makefile should not set values for environment variables FC, CC, FFLAGS (etc) but use the ones that mpi_make sets. So as you can see i have to run an mpi program, in fortran and i am supposed to do the above.the program was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kwstas
3 Replies

8. Programming

Makefile + #includes

Dear all I try to write a makefile for my code which have many source files, 1 header file that i make and exist into same folder with other source files and some other header files (by libraries witch i use) that found in other folders. In my header file i have put all other #includes for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panou
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

using a Shell Script in a Makefile

Hello, I have a Makefile that converts wrl (vrml) files to html files... how can I use a shell script in that makefile which works on all html files after converting? The Shell Script have to find and replace a String in every createt html file. sorry I'm a Newbie, so I hope someone can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan_78
0 Replies

10. AIX

Error when run makefile to compile C program

I have a make file for C program, which always gives the error ld: 0711-738 ERROR: Input file ../src/file_name.o XCOFF32 object files are not allowed in 64 mode Does anybody know the problem? Thanks for contribution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
DH_PERL(1)							     Debhelper								DH_PERL(1)

NAME
dh_perl - calculates Perl dependencies and cleans up after MakeMaker SYNOPSIS
dh_perl [debhelperoptions] [-d] [librarydirs...] DESCRIPTION
dh_perl is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${perl:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. The program will look at Perl scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on perl or perlapi. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${perl:Depends}. dh_perl also cleans up empty directories that MakeMaker can generate when installing Perl modules. OPTIONS
-d In some specific cases you may want to depend on perl-base rather than the full perl package. If so, you can pass the -d option to make dh_perl generate a dependency on the correct base package. This is only necessary for some packages that are included in the base system. Note that this flag may cause no dependency on perl-base to be generated at all. perl-base is Essential, so its dependency can be left out, unless a versioned dependency is needed. -V By default, scripts and architecture independent modules don't depend on any specific version of perl. The -V option causes the current version of the perl (or perl-base with -d) package to be specified. library dirs If your package installs Perl modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_perl check those directories by passing their names on the command line. It will only check the vendorlib and vendorarch directories by default. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.8.3 Perl policy, version 1.20 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_PERL(1)