Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH Connection drops - but does my script keep running? Post 302466755 by christatedavies on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 08:39:13 AM
Old 10-27-2010
Thanks mate. I'm running it like that now, and we'll see what happens...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 9 remote login (ssh) drops connection

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me... Let me give you some set-up details before I ask you the question. I have Ultra-60 at home with Solaris 9 and recommended patch cluster installed. The machine is connected to a Linksys WAG54G ADSL router/modem through RJ45 ethernet cable. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmerin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote SSH Connection Using Script

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. Can anybody help me in writing a Script Which Could Login from a Unix box to a Remote Unix box which accepts the user credentials automatically and display the result for checking the Disk Space Utilisation (Without running any SSH agent). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajith_tg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connection script

Hi all, I'm writing a script that chooses the best computer available in an open lab. The script works great except every now and then there is a dead computer in the lab that begins the ssh handshaking, but freezes after the following: debug1: Offering public key: When the script happens... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-375HK-x
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to terminate ssh connection without terminating script

Hi all, I connect with SSH connection to remote machine in the script and ı want to logout at half of the script then continue to script. If ı write exit in the script it terminates script not SSH connection. How can i do that please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fozay
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duh, can I quit an ssh connection withOUT stopping a program running?

here's the sitch: remote freeBSD device. I am ssh'd in as root and running cgsecurity's TESTDISK program. Testdisk will take DAYS to scan this multi-terabyte RAID. Can I quit my terminal or ssh connection, disconnect from the remote computer, come back to it later and NOT stop or interrupt the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jccbin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql command after a SSH connection (Script)

Hi all, Im new at scripting and i need to run a few commands at work every hours so i decide to make a script but on 1 of the steps i have a the follwoing problem: The command i do is this: #!/bin/bash ssh root@asdasd001 'mysql -h A-db-1 -uroot -password --execute "show slave status"'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparicio
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connection through shell script with no interruption

Hi all, I need ssh in shell script. My requirement is: - Take user_name and password from user (in PHP) - Pass this to shell script which will: - connect via ssh - Run sql query - Pass the results back in PHP - Put the results to website. I know PHP has libraries for ssh and ftp, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

SSH connection drops in 5 minutes

Hi, Here is the issue: Any SSH connection to this server drops in 5 minutes. # date Wed Jul 18 17:11:27 GMT 2012 (Note: use GMT) # grep Alive /etc/ssh/sshd_config #TCPKeepAlive yes ClientAliveInterval 60 ClientAliveCountMax 100 # ssh -V OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
fifo2(n)																  fifo2(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
fifo2 - Create and manipulate pipe fifo channels SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl package require memchan fifo2 _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The command described here is only available in a not-yet released version of the package. Use the CVS to get the sources. fifo2 creates two stream-oriented in-memory channels and returns their handles as a two-element list. There is no restriction on the ulti- mate size of the channels, they will always grow as much as is necessary to accomodate the data written into them. In contrast to the channels generated by fifo a pair of channels created here is connected internally in such a way that data writ- ten into one channel can be read from the other. All data written into them is read in the same order. This also means that the two channels of the pair are not seekable. The channels created here can be transfered between interpreters in the same thread and between threads. As both channels in the pair can be transfered independently they can be used to create a bidirectional connection between two interpreters. Memory channels created by fifo2 provide two read-only options which can be queried via the standard fconfigure command. These are -rlength The value of this option is the number of bytes currently available for reading from the channel. -wlength The value of this option is the number of bytes currently written into the channel. Note that the two lengths are switched for the channels of a pair. In other words, the number of bytes written for one of the channels is the number of bytes readable from the other end. As the channels generated by fifo2 grow as necessary they are always writable. This means that a writable fileevent-handler will fire con- tinuously. The channels are also readable if they contain more than zero bytes. Under this conditions a readable fileevent-handler will fire continu- ously. SEE ALSO
fifo, memchan, null KEYWORDS
channel, fifo, i/o, in-memory channel, memchan, stream COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> Memory channels 2.2 fifo2(n)