Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH Connection drops - but does my script keep running? Post 302466755 by christatedavies on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 08:39:13 AM
Old 10-27-2010
Thanks mate. I'm running it like that now, and we'll see what happens...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 9 remote login (ssh) drops connection

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me... Let me give you some set-up details before I ask you the question. I have Ultra-60 at home with Solaris 9 and recommended patch cluster installed. The machine is connected to a Linksys WAG54G ADSL router/modem through RJ45 ethernet cable. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmerin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote SSH Connection Using Script

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. Can anybody help me in writing a Script Which Could Login from a Unix box to a Remote Unix box which accepts the user credentials automatically and display the result for checking the Disk Space Utilisation (Without running any SSH agent). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajith_tg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connection script

Hi all, I'm writing a script that chooses the best computer available in an open lab. The script works great except every now and then there is a dead computer in the lab that begins the ssh handshaking, but freezes after the following: debug1: Offering public key: When the script happens... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-375HK-x
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to terminate ssh connection without terminating script

Hi all, I connect with SSH connection to remote machine in the script and ı want to logout at half of the script then continue to script. If ı write exit in the script it terminates script not SSH connection. How can i do that please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fozay
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duh, can I quit an ssh connection withOUT stopping a program running?

here's the sitch: remote freeBSD device. I am ssh'd in as root and running cgsecurity's TESTDISK program. Testdisk will take DAYS to scan this multi-terabyte RAID. Can I quit my terminal or ssh connection, disconnect from the remote computer, come back to it later and NOT stop or interrupt the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jccbin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql command after a SSH connection (Script)

Hi all, Im new at scripting and i need to run a few commands at work every hours so i decide to make a script but on 1 of the steps i have a the follwoing problem: The command i do is this: #!/bin/bash ssh root@asdasd001 'mysql -h A-db-1 -uroot -password --execute "show slave status"'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparicio
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connection through shell script with no interruption

Hi all, I need ssh in shell script. My requirement is: - Take user_name and password from user (in PHP) - Pass this to shell script which will: - connect via ssh - Run sql query - Pass the results back in PHP - Put the results to website. I know PHP has libraries for ssh and ftp, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

SSH connection drops in 5 minutes

Hi, Here is the issue: Any SSH connection to this server drops in 5 minutes. # date Wed Jul 18 17:11:27 GMT 2012 (Note: use GMT) # grep Alive /etc/ssh/sshd_config #TCPKeepAlive yes ClientAliveInterval 60 ClientAliveCountMax 100 # ssh -V OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
LDAP_PARSE_VLV_CONTROL(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 LDAP_PARSE_VLV_CONTROL(3)

NAME
ldap_parse_vlv_control - Decode the information returned from a search operation that used a VLV (virtual list view) control LIBRARY
OpenLDAP LDAP (libldap, -lldap) SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_parse_vlv_control( ld, ctrlp, target_posp, list_countp, contextp, errcodep ) LDAP *ld; LDAPControl **ctrlp; unsigned long *target_posp, *list_countp; struct berval **contextp; int *errcodep; DESCRIPTION
The ldap_parse_vlv_control is used to decode the information returned from a search operation that used a VLV (virtual list view)control. It takes a null terminated array of LDAPControl structures, usually obtained by a call to the ldap_parse_resultfunction, a target_pos which points to the list index of the target entry. If this parameter is NULL, the target position is not returned. The index returned is an approximation of the position of the target entry. It is not guaranteed to be exact. The parameter list_countp points to the server's esti- mate of the size of the list. If this parameter is NULL, the size is not returned. contextp is a pointer to the address of a berval struc- ture that contains a server-generated context identifier if server returns one. If server does not return a context identifier, the server returns a NULL in this parameter. If this parameter is set to NULL, the context identifier is not returned. You should use this returned context in the next call to create a VLV control. When the berval structure is no longer needed, you should free the memory by calling the ber_bvfree function.e errcodep is an output parameter, which points to the result code returned by the server. If this parameter is NULL, the result code is not returned. See ldap.h for a list of possible return codes. SEE ALSO
ldap_search(3) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP Software is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project <http://www.openldap.org/>. OpenLDAP Software is derived from Uni- versity of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.4.28 2011/11/24 LDAP_PARSE_VLV_CONTROL(3)