Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX PowerHA - assistant can't find network Post 302466698 by Koen87 on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 05:38:09 AM
Old 10-27-2010
PowerHA - assistant can't find network

I've configured multiple clusters using PowerHA 5.5, but never using the 'Two-node cluster configuration assistant'. I removed all the clusters, clean setup, and gave the assistant a try. I've filled in all the necessary options:
  • Communication Path to Takeover Node
  • Application Server
  • Application Start Script
  • Application Stop Script
  • Service IP Label
The assistant tries to create the cluster but I get the following output:

IP Network Discovery completed normally
ERROR: No network includes all nodes.
The Configuration Assistant requires at least one network that includes
all cluster nodes.

What's the problem? Node1 has IP 192.168.172.124, node2 has IP 192.168.172.125. They both have the correct settings in the /etc/hosts file and can ping each other. If I don't use the assistant everything works well, but I need to evaluate this option so it has to work Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find users in a network

How to find users in a network? I used who. But i want to to find users using cox internet to connect to a server. PLease help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subbarao83
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find whether the given path is in Network

Dear All, I have a problem in knowing ..how the network path is represented in the unix ..I need sample in shell script to find whether the given path is in network or not . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yessowmya
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to find network cards available ...

Hi all, I have a server running with Solaris and I have 2 Pci cards installed on this server (since a while), 1 with 4 coppers connections output and one with a Fiber network connection output. Today, this server is using the on board network connection (Ce0). How can I find the other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
7 Replies

4. AIX

PowerHA with 3rd node for communication

Looking to find PowerHA with 3rd node used for communication (voting node) only. Does anyone use such configuration with IBM products? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
2 Replies

5. AIX

PowerHA HACMP on VIOS servers

Few questions regarding Power HA ( previously known as HACMP) and VIOS POWERVM IVM ( IBM Virtualization I/O Server ) Is it possible to create HACMP cluster between two VIOS servers Physical Machine_1 VIOS_SERVER_1 LPAR_1 SHARED_DISK_XX VIOS_SERVER_2 Physical Machine_2 LPAR_2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
6 Replies

6. AIX

Powerha on AIX 6.1.9

hello ive installed powerha 7.1.3 on two servers aix 6.1.9 6100-09-03-1415 work with dmx4 EMC storgae. after sync cluster ( terminate with OK ) ive see that the repository disk upper only in one machine : hdiskpower60 00c7f6b59fc60d9d caavg_private active... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

7. AIX

VXVM in POWERHA 6.1

I have created a VxVM disk group in AIX7.1. I have tried to added this VxVM disk group in powerHA 6.1. But in cluster VxVM DGs are not listing. Is there any other procedure to add vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. Please share me steps for adding vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
6 Replies

8. Programming

Hire Personal Assistant | SEO Virtual Assistant | Data Entry Service | Content Writing

Hello Everyone, Here I am offereing my Services Word Posting Content Posting PDF to excel or word Image to Ms Word typeing Document Creation Video Creation Any type Copy-Paste Ads Posting Article Posting Manual Directory Submission PR Submission Social Bookmarking Web 2.0 Blogs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abseova
1 Replies

9. AIX

Upgrading PowerHA from 7.1.0 to 7.1.3

Hi All, As per the IBM upgrade/support matrix IBM Techdocs Technote: PowerHA for AIX Version Compatibility Matrix we can't do online upgrade or rolling migration from powerha v7.1.0 to v7.1.3. on AIX61_TL9_SP4, So we are following the steps as below ... 1 ) Bring down the cluster 2 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
2 Replies
cmruncl(1m)															       cmruncl(1m)

NAME
cmruncl - run a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmruncl [-f] [-v] [-n node_name...] [-t | -w none] DESCRIPTION
cmruncl causes all nodes in a configured cluster or all nodes specified to start their cluster daemons and form a new cluster. To start a cluster, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m). This command should only be run when the cluster is not active on any of the configured nodes. This command verifies the network configu- ration before causing the nodes to start their cluster daemons. If a cluster is already running on a subset of the nodes, the cmrunnode command should be used to start the remaining nodes and force them to join the existing cluster. If node_name is not specified, the cluster daemons will be started on all the nodes in the cluster. All nodes in the cluster must be available for the cluster to start unless a subset of nodes is specified. Options cmruncl supports the following options: -f Force cluster startup without warning message and continuation prompt that are printed with the -n option. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -t Test only. Provide an assessment of the package placement without affecting the current state of the nodes or packages. The -w option is not required with the -t option as -t does not validate network connectivity, but assumes that all the nodes can meet any external dependencies such as EMS resources, package subnets, and storage. -n node_name... Start the cluster daemon on the specified subset of node(s). -w none By default network probing is performed to check that the network connectivity is the same as when the cluster was config- ured. Any anomalies are reported before the cluster daemons are started. The -w none option disables this probing. The option should only be used if this network configuration is known to be correct from a recent check. RETURN VALUE cmruncl returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Run the cluster daemon: cmruncl Run the cluster daemons on node1 and node2: cmruncl -n node1 -n node2 AUTHOR
cmruncl was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltcl(1m), cmhaltnode(1m), cmrunnode(1m), cmviewcl(1m), cmeval(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmruncl(1m)