Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Looking for a list of Linux compatible hardware list Post 302466629 by LaptopACPower on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 08:51:03 PM
Old 10-26-2010
MySQL Looking for a list of Linux compatible hardware list

Hi Everyone

I'm looking for a recommended Laptop Hardware compatible list.
I know nowadays most distribs just work with most hardware but possibly a list of current laptops that don't work well with unix / Linux.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

List Hardware components in HP UX

Hello Everybody: I need to check how many memory slots and the size of each I have on my HP UX system, is there something equilivant to prtcong in Solaris to display the list of HW compnents. Thanks alot . Aladdin (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with sorting sequence in Unix C:sort -t ':' +0 -1 -n +1 -2 +2 -3 -o list list

Hi List is 000|2008-07-17|556543|RTJ|35-RTGJ|EYT 465|2008-11-10|567789|GHJ|45-DGHH|ETU 533|2008-09-06|567789|GHJ|45-DGHH|ETU How does it do it? sort -t ':' +0 -1 -n +1 -2 +2 -3 -o list list (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurvinder
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a list @list by space delimiter so i can access it by using $list[0 ..1..2]

EDIT : This is for perl @data2 = grep(/$data/, @list_now); This gives me @data2 as Printing data2 11 testzone1 running /zones/testzone1 ***-*****-****-*****-***** native shared But I really cant access data2 by its individual elements. $data2 is the entire list, while $data,2,3...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find list of files from a list and copy to a directory

I will be very grateful if someone can help me with bash shell script that does the following: I have a list of filenames: A01_155716 A05_155780 A07_155812 A09_155844 A11_155876 that are kept in different sub directories within my current directory. I want to find these files and copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl qw list to text file list?

Does anyone have a good example? I am having trouble looping.. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

6. Programming

c++ function to convert a linear list to circular list

hi all, i need a c++ function which converts a linear list to circular. presently i am working with two files. i.e., one linear list file. and one circular list file to do some operations. i thought it will be helpful if there is a function that converts a linear list to circular n undo the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a column based list from a string list

I have a string containing fields separated by space Example set sr="Fred Ted Joe Peter Paul Jean Chris Tim Tex" and want to display it in a column format, for example to a maximum of a window of 100 characters And hopefully display some thing like Fred Ted Joe ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies
SEND_ARP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       SEND_ARP(8)

NAME
send_arp - Send out one ARP packet with source/target IP and Ethernet hardware addresses suuplied by the user. SYNOPSIS
send_arp sndr_ip_addr sndr_hw_addr targ_ip_addr targ_hw_addr [src_int [src_hw_addr [dest_hw_addr]]] DESCRIPTION
send_arp This program sends out one ARP packet with source/target IP and Ethernet hardware addresses suuplied by the user. It compiles and works on Linux and will probably work on any Unix that has SOCK_PACKET. The idea behind this program is a proof of a concept, nothing more. It comes as is, no warranty. However, you're allowed to use it under one condition: you must use your brain simultaneously. If this condition is not met, you shall forget about this program and go RTFM imme- diately. OPTIONS
sndr_ip_addr Sender IP address for ARP packet. sndr_hw_addr Sender Hardware address for ARP packet. targ_ip_addr Target IP address for ARP packet. targ_hw_addr Target Hardware address for ARP packet. src_int Source Interface for ARP packet. src_hw_addr Source layer2 Hardware address for ARP packet. dest_hw_addr Destination layer2 Hardware address for ARP packet. AUTHORS
send_arp - Yuri Volobuev <volobuev@t1.chem.umn.edu> man page - Horms <horms@verge.net.au> layer2 patch - Patrick Koppen <patrick@koppen.de> 30th October 2003 SEND_ARP(8)