Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using SED/AWK to extract xml at end of file Post 302466524 by hugh86 on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 04:01:11 PM
Old 10-26-2010
im on ubuntu... i tried using nawk and gawk.. didnt work!

---------- Post updated at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:48 PM ----------

i have tried using nawk and gawk and no luck. i am running ubuntu and the awk is 3.1.6

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to extract data from Xml file

Hi, I want to get data from Xml file by using sed or awk command. I want to get the following result : mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 and save it in cvs file (fichier.cvs). FROM this Xml file (test.xml): <playlist version="1"> <trackList> <track>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeclota
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to extract a substring at end of line

This is the line that I am using: sed 's/^*\({3}*$\)/\1 /' <test.txt >results.txt and suppose that test.txt contains the following lines: http://www.example.com/200904/AUS.txt http://www.example.com/200903/_RUS.txt http://www.example.com/200902/.FRA.txt What I expected to see in results.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED extract XML value

I have the following string: <min-pool-size>2</min-pool-size> When I pipe the string into the following code I am expcting for it to return just the value "2", but its just reurning the whole string. Why?? sed -n '/<min-pool-size>/,/<\/min-pool-size>/p' Outputting:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArterialTool
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract a specific number from an XML file based on the start and end tags

Hello People, I have the following contents in an XML file ........... ........... .......... ........... <Details = "Sample Details"> <Name>Bob</Name> <Age>34</Age> <Address>CA</Address> <ContactNumber>1234</ContactNumber> </Details> ........... ............. .............. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushant172
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reformatting xml file, sed or awk I think (possibly perl)

I have some xml files that cannot be read using a standard parser, or I am using the wrong parser. The issues seems to be spaces in some of the tags. Here is a sample,<UgUn 2 > <Un> -0.426753 </Un> </UgUn>The parser isn't able to find the number 2, so that information is lost, etc. It seems... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed extract from xml

I have an xml file that generally looks like this: "<row><dnorpattern>02788920</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>\+ 44146322XXXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>40XXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>11</dn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garboon
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML message from a log file using awk

Dear all I have a log file and the content like this file name: temp.log <?xml version="1.0" encoding="cp850"?> <!DOCTYPE aaabbb SYSTEM '/dtdpath'> <aaabbb> <tranDtl> <msgId>000001</msgId> </tranDtl> ..... </aaabbb> ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: on9west
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use grep sed or awk to extract string from log file and put into CSV

I'd like to copy strings from a log file and put them into a CSV. The strings could be on different line numbers, depending on size of log. Example Log File: File = foo.bat Date = 11/11/11 User = Foo Bar Size = 1024 ... CSV should look like: "foo.bat","11/11/11","Foo Bar","1024" (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - extract text from xml file

hi, please help, i have an xml file, e.g: ... <tag> test text asdas="${abc}" xvxvbs:asdas${222}sdad asasa="${aa_bb_22}" </tag> ... i want to extract all "${...}", e.g: ${abc} ${222} ${aa_bb_22} thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gioni
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_diff original_xml operation [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_diff - A utility for comparing Pacemaker configurations (XML format) The tool produces a custom (diff-like) output which it can also apply like a patch OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Original XML: -o, --original=value XML is contained in the named file -O, --original-string=value XML is contained in the supplied string Operation: -n, --new=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the named file -N, --new-string=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the supplied string -p, --patch=value Patch the original XML with the contents of the named file Additional Options: -c, --cib Compare/patch the inputs as a CIB (includes versions details) -f, --filter Suppress irrelevant differences between the two inputs EXAMPLES
Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: # cibadmin --query > cib-old.xml # cibadmin --query > cib-new.xml Calculate and save the difference between the two files: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --new cib-new.xml > patch.xml Apply the patch to the original file: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --patch patch.xml > updated.xml Apply the patch to the running cluster: # cibadmin --patch patch.xml AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)