Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Mounting a hard disk in FreeBSD Post 302466514 by figaro on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 03:19:31 PM
Old 10-26-2010
Thank you for your response. It still has not worked, but the pointer is definitely helpful. Upon new issues encountered, I will be posting back again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Dumping a FreeBSD Archive on a partiotion on Hard Disk

I have been using FreeBSD (currently 4.10, yes yes i havent updated it for a few months), and unfortunately when initially installing it onto my laptop, i made the mistake of only assigning it 3.5 GB and time has passed and I now find myself withonly 300 something MB left on the chunk, i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PenguinDevil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IInd Hard Disk Mounting Problem on 1st HDD On SCO UNIX Open Server

Hi Engg. ! :mad: I have a harddisk on which SCO UNIX Open Server was installed. There was some data (in .dbf format) on it. Present condition of HDD is that it is not booting. Now I want to mount this HDD through other HDD on which SCO UNIX Open Server is installed by attaching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niraj Gopal Sha
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting lacie hard drive to another suns system

I have two unix workstations. One crashed :( , but the other is still operating efficiently. We have a Lacie external hard drive attached to the workstation that failed. I would like to mount the external drive to the workstation that is still functioning. I am not very familiar with how to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tmarsha6
1 Replies

4. Solaris

mounting 1TB hard disk with Solaris10 X86

I have a 1TB hard disk that I had partitioned on a Sun clone and had 7 partitions of 137GB a piece. (Using a USB to SATA adaptor) I then had loaded a new hard disk on my laptop (T60...Lenova) with Solaris 10 X86. I tried to mount the hard disk but it kept telling me the mount point was busy and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Mounting an external parallel hard drive

Can anyone please walk me through how to mount an external parallel (or scsi) hard drive in visualize C3000 machine? I also would like to mount "/var/sallie" directory in that external drive. My "/var/sallie" directory is running out of space so I would like to mount an external hard drive so that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallysallie
0 Replies

6. Linux

Help mounting a hard drive in Knoppix 3.7

Hi guys, Right off the bat i'm gonna say that i'm a total linux noob. this is the second time i've seen the interface... anyway that being said, here is my issue. I have a user that needs to get data off a hard drive. This hard drive won't mount in windows xp. Last time this happened one of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neadric
1 Replies

7. BSD

Mounting a USB stick in FreeBSD

When mounting a USB stick or pen drive on a FreeBSD machine I always issue the following command: mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt Something I have always wondered is what the option msdosfs stands for and more importantly, why it is necessary. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

8. Solaris

mounting 2nd hard drive

Sun 280R, Solaris 5.8.... I have inserted a 2nd hard drive on my system. 'format' recognized the disk, but I cannot figure out how to access the disk. Any help is appreciated! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

9. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

10. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies
EvmConnCreate(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  EvmConnCreate(3)

NAME
EvmConnCreate(), EvmConnCreatePoster(), EvmConnCreateSubscriber(), EvmConnDestroy(), EvmConnFdGet() - establish or destroy connection with the EVM daemon SYNOPSIS
Library EVM Support Library Parameters type Establishes the function of the connection. Possible values are as follows: Creates a connection for use by posting clients. Creates a connection for use by subscribing clients. The responseMode operand must be set to responseMode Establishes the behavior of certain connection-oriented API functions when requests are made to the EVM daemon. If a func- tion call results in such a request, the function returns a response according to the value of this operand, as follows: The function returns without waiting for the daemon's response. In this mode, any return status other than indicates that a problem was detected in preliminary validation. A response of signifies only that the request was sent to the daemon. An response cannot determine if the request was received or accepted. The function does preliminary validation, returning a status reflecting any error it finds. If the function finds no error, it passes the request to the EVM daemon and blocks until a response is received from the daemon. The status returned by the function may result either from preliminary validation or from validation by the daemon. If no error is returned by the function, the request has been accepted by the daemon. The function returns without waiting for a response. Any return status other than indicates that a problem was detected in preliminary validation. If no error is found, the function passes the request to the EVM daemon, and returns immediately with a status of The calling process must use or a related function to watch for I/O activity on the connection, and then invoke to handle the activity. In most cases, the connection's callback function is invoked to handle incoming messages. This response mode must be used for listening connections. transport Specify the type of connection to be made to the daemon. Because EVM currently supports only local connection the daemon, this argument must always be set to NULL. If this argument is not NULL, an error occurs. callback A pointer to a routine that is to be called by to process an incoming message. The routine is declared as described in the EvmCallback(5) manpage. If the response mode is not this operand is NULL. callbackArg This argument is supplied each time the callback routine is invoked by See EvmCallback(5). The calling process uses this argument to pass its own context data for the connection to the callback function. If no context data is required, this op- erand is NULL. connection For connection is the return operand for the new connection. For the other routines described on this manpage, connection is the EVM connection to be processed. fd The return operand for the file number associated with the supplied connection. DESCRIPTION
The routine establishes a connection between a client process and the EVM daemon. If the connection is successful, a pointer to a new con- nection context is returned in the connection argument. The routine is a macro that establishes a posting connection to the local daemon. Using this macro is equivalent to calling with type set to responseMode set to and transport, callback,and callbackArg are all set to NULL. The routine is a macro that establishes a subscribing connection to the local daemon. Using this macro is equivalent to calling with type set to responseMode set to and transport set to NULL. The routine returns the file number associated with the connection. This file number can be used by a client application, which handles multiple I/O sources, for use in a call to to determine when there is activity on the connection. The program must call to handle the activity. It must not close the file descriptor, nor perform any direct I/O on it. The routine destroys the connection and frees any resources associated with it. This routine must be called to destroy the connection. RETURN VALUE
The operation completed without error. One of the arguments to the function is invalid. A value in a structure member is invalid. An operation failed because an attempt to acquire heap memory failed. A read error occurred while reading from the EVM daemon connection. A write error occurred while writing to the EVM daemon connection. An error occurred while attempting to connect to the EVM daemon. An error occurred on the EVM connection. Invoke to destroy the connection. The current operation was interrupted by receipt of a signal. ERRORS
The value of is not set. FILES
Default pathname for the domain socket. SEE ALSO
Commands evmget(1), evmpost(1), evmwatch(1). Functions connect(2), select(2), socket(2). Routines EvmConnControl(3), EvmConnDispatch(3), EvmConnWait(3). Event Management EVM(5). Event Callback EvmCallback(5). Event Connection EvmConnection(5). EVM Events EvmEvent(5). EvmConnCreate(3)