Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Mounting a hard disk in FreeBSD Post 302466514 by figaro on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 03:19:31 PM
Old 10-26-2010
Thank you for your response. It still has not worked, but the pointer is definitely helpful. Upon new issues encountered, I will be posting back again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Dumping a FreeBSD Archive on a partiotion on Hard Disk

I have been using FreeBSD (currently 4.10, yes yes i havent updated it for a few months), and unfortunately when initially installing it onto my laptop, i made the mistake of only assigning it 3.5 GB and time has passed and I now find myself withonly 300 something MB left on the chunk, i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PenguinDevil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IInd Hard Disk Mounting Problem on 1st HDD On SCO UNIX Open Server

Hi Engg. ! :mad: I have a harddisk on which SCO UNIX Open Server was installed. There was some data (in .dbf format) on it. Present condition of HDD is that it is not booting. Now I want to mount this HDD through other HDD on which SCO UNIX Open Server is installed by attaching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niraj Gopal Sha
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting lacie hard drive to another suns system

I have two unix workstations. One crashed :( , but the other is still operating efficiently. We have a Lacie external hard drive attached to the workstation that failed. I would like to mount the external drive to the workstation that is still functioning. I am not very familiar with how to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tmarsha6
1 Replies

4. Solaris

mounting 1TB hard disk with Solaris10 X86

I have a 1TB hard disk that I had partitioned on a Sun clone and had 7 partitions of 137GB a piece. (Using a USB to SATA adaptor) I then had loaded a new hard disk on my laptop (T60...Lenova) with Solaris 10 X86. I tried to mount the hard disk but it kept telling me the mount point was busy and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Mounting an external parallel hard drive

Can anyone please walk me through how to mount an external parallel (or scsi) hard drive in visualize C3000 machine? I also would like to mount "/var/sallie" directory in that external drive. My "/var/sallie" directory is running out of space so I would like to mount an external hard drive so that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallysallie
0 Replies

6. Linux

Help mounting a hard drive in Knoppix 3.7

Hi guys, Right off the bat i'm gonna say that i'm a total linux noob. this is the second time i've seen the interface... anyway that being said, here is my issue. I have a user that needs to get data off a hard drive. This hard drive won't mount in windows xp. Last time this happened one of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neadric
1 Replies

7. BSD

Mounting a USB stick in FreeBSD

When mounting a USB stick or pen drive on a FreeBSD machine I always issue the following command: mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt Something I have always wondered is what the option msdosfs stands for and more importantly, why it is necessary. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

8. Solaris

mounting 2nd hard drive

Sun 280R, Solaris 5.8.... I have inserted a 2nd hard drive on my system. 'format' recognized the disk, but I cannot figure out how to access the disk. Any help is appreciated! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

9. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

10. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies
KITSEND(1)						      General Commands Manual							KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)