Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compiling virtual network adapter driver problem (net_device struct) Post 302466384 by niterobin on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 09:50:57 AM
Old 10-26-2010
Thanks for the update and the link. Appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

freeBSD device driver (use struct uio)

Hi, everybody I have next problem... 1) My Example program code void main() { int fd; int len; int buf; fd=open("mydev", O_RDONLY); lseek(fd, 0, SEEK_SET); len=read(fd, buf, sizeof(buf)); } 2) My Example Driver code static int mydev_read(dev_t dev, ?, ?, struct uio* uio) {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex_T
0 Replies

2. AIX

Power6 Virtual Fibre Channel Adapter

Hello, Searched in all IBM Redbooks and on the internet and couldn't find anything about the new feature of POWER 6 which Virtual Fibre ( Fiber ) channel adapter. It is similar to virtual scsi adapter. In my client partition I created the virtual Fibre Adapter mapped it with the VIO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to active this network adapter?

When I configure two VIO Servers, VIOS1 used to ping its gateway, after I configured second VIOS2, VIOS1 cannpt ping its gateway, when I run this command: entstat -all ent#|grep -i priority Priority: 5 Active: False How to make Active to True? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simulated driver for Network Interface Adapter

Hi all, I got sort of a task to do. I have to write in C "simulated network driver". What does it mean? - It has to run on all network adapters - It has to be as simple as it can be - It has to run on all linux distributions (or at least most of them) - It does not have to run a network... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
4 Replies

5. AIX

Setting up an Integrated Virtual Ethernet adapter

All I am trying allocate an IVE to an LPAR (not a VIO) running AIX 7.1. I am getting the error: HSCL068A Explanation Logical port can not be assigned to Logical Partition because this Logical Partition is not the promiscuous LPAR for the physical port. Has anyone encountered this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

6. Programming

Storing C++-struct in file - problem when adding new item in struct

Hi, I have received an application that stores some properties in a file. The existing struct looks like this: struct TData { UINT uSizeIncludingStrings; // copy of Telnet data struct UINT uSize; // basic properties: TCHAR szHost; //defined in Sshconfig UINT iPortNr; TCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

7. AIX

Adding Virtual Adapter to LPAR

Hello, hopefully someone can help me out with this, I have created a virtual Ethernet adapter on the VIO but would like to add it to my new LPAR. On my VIO only my disk is mapped. $ lsmap -all SVSA Physloc Client Partition ID --------------- --------------------------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Virtual Adapter MAC address..

Hi, I just want to know whether two MAC address can exist in a adapter.. I mean one there will be mandatory one And another as user defined one.. Any replies will be more helpful.. Please help.. :wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
0 Replies

9. Hardware

Need Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter CD or ixge driver

Hi, Does anybody have a "Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter installation CD" or driver ixge for Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet PCI-X adapter? I need it but can't find it anywhere. So if you know where I can download it or purchase it, please let me know. (Already tried Oracle's website, don't have it) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lhao
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Attach Solaris 11.1 rwn driver to RaLink RT8200/8260 Wi Fi Adapter

I installed Solaris 11.1 on a X86 PC. It's working except for one glaring problem : I cannot get a driver attached to the RaLink RT2800 (Wi Fi Adapter). Can someone point me in the direction where " the correct" driver exists, or let me know how I can tell Solaris to attach the device to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JWH
1 Replies
EPAIR(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  EPAIR(4)

NAME
epair -- A pair of virtual back-to-back connected Ethernet interfaces. SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device epair Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_epair_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The epair is a pair of Ethernet-like software interfaces, which are connected back-to-back with a virtual cross-over cable. Each epair interface pair is created at runtime using interface cloning. This is most easily done with the ifconfig(8) create command or using the cloned_interfaces variable in rc.conf(5). While for cloning you only give either epair or epair<n> the epair pair will be named like epair<n>[ab]. This means the names of the first epair interfaces will be epair0a and epair0b. Like any other Ethernet interface, an epair needs to have a network address. Each epair will be assigned a locally administered address by default, that is only guaranteed to be unique within one network stack. To change the default addresses one may use the SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2) or ifconfig(8) utility. The basic intend is to provide connectivity between two virtual network stack instances. When connected to a if_bridge(4) one end of the interface pair can also be part of another (virtual) LAN. As with any other Ethernet interface one can configure vlan(4) support on top of it. SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), altq(4), bpf(4), if_bridge(4), vlan(4), loader.conf(5,) rc.conf(5), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The epair interface first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
The epair interface was written by Bjoern A. Zeeb, CK Software GmbH, under sponsorship from the FreeBSD Foundation. BSD
July 26, 2009 BSD