Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problems configuring keyboard and Firefox on Solaris Post 302466369 by jlliagre on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 09:07:49 AM
Old 10-26-2010
When was it working perfectly and what did you change after that ?

What says:
Code:
ls -l /etc/X11/xorg.conf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

tftp configuring on Solaris 5.7

Hi, I need to setup a tftp facility on a Sun server. Can someone help me urgently, i need this to be up at the earliest. Regards, Vivek :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Firefox for Solaris?

I was wondering how i could install mozilla firefox for solaris 8? I downloaded the file: firefox1.0.4-sparc-sun-solaris2.8.tar.bz2 Then i read to decompress .bz2 files i need another software so i got bzip2, but i dont know how to install that eiether :( As your probably gathered im... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikster007
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB keyboard in Solaris

I have a USB keyboard/mouse combo hooked up to an x86 box and when it loads the mouse works fine, but the ctrl, shift, alt, and i think the function keys don't do anything. Is there a setting I need to change, or a way to manually configure them. There are no drivers, it is supposed to emulate a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winzernotman
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 Sunblade 2000 and French HP Keyboard

Hello Experts I am trying to use my Solaris 8 Sunblade 2000 with a French HP Keyboard. My system needs to be configured with this keyboard. Please advise where I can set it up. By the way I am using CDE environment. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change Firefox keyboard shortcuts

Hi board! Can anybody tell me how to configure the Keyboard shortcuts of Firefox? I know that there is an extension called keyconfig and I used it with Firefox 1.0 but I it wasn't updated since 2005 or something. I also had a closer look at about:config but didn't find anything. My Google... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schallstrom
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Configuring samba in solaris x-86

I just wanted to know if I can configure samba on solaris 10 x-86. I was just wondering if the samba is in-built software gets shipped with Operating System CD. I have searched a lot on many sites and forums but still not getting any way to make it. It would be really appreciable if some can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris don't boot without mouse and keyboard

Hi guys, I've installed Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10) in a x86 box. I will put this box as a home server to store my files/backups/whatterver shared stuff replacing my old NetBSD machine. But, after installed and correctly configured, when I tried to boot this box without keybord and mouse (USB both),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmerman
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Configuring firefox for mass installations

We have been looking into the possibility of configuring firefox upon installation for a common desktop environment for all users. For instance we want the font to be sans-serif 12 points throughout (preferences menu item), a standard set of plugins to be installed (add ons menu item) and some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing firefox on solaris 10

I wondered how I could install firefox-11.0.en-US.solaris-10-fcs-i386.tar.bz2 for solaris 10 ? I read to unwind. Bz2 i need another software how can i instal this package? i'tried with the command GZIP but i dont found ./install? i tried also without terminalbut I do not know how to install... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris hangs (Firefox)

dear members, i am a newbie to solaris 11.3, and deeply impressed. On my test pc (Lenovo M90), however, using the internet hangs the system from time to time; initializing the connecting (WLAN) during installation (via the live cd) took two attempts as well. Maybe someone has a solution... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichardLichten
7 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)