Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sort with Awk, sed ....
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort with Awk, sed .... Post 302466364 by bartus11 on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 08:53:21 AM
Old 10-26-2010
Code:
sort -nrk3 infile | awk 'NR==1{m=$3;a[$1]++;b[$1]=(b[$1])?b[$1]:$0;next}$3==m{a[$1]++;b[$1]=(b[$1])?b[$1]:$0}END{for (i in a){print b[i],a[i]}}'

Last edited by bartus11; 10-26-2010 at 10:17 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use sed to sort out this question

root:x:0:0:0000-Admin(0000):/:/sbin/sh rootcsh:x:0:1:0000-Admin(0000):/:/bin/csh nocol:x:6312:630:NOCOL Monitor,,,:/usr/local/lib/nocol-client:/usr/local/bin/bash nobody:x:60001:60001:uid no body:/:/usr/local/bin/bash noaccess:x:60002:60002:uid no access:/:/usr/local/bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonicstage
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed with sort doesnt work

Sed with sort doesnt work The below code doesnt work: sed -e '/^$/d' -e 's/,/|/g' | sort -t"|" -k1,1 -u file1 when i seperate them it work but i have to create intermediate file which i dont want to: sed -e '/^$/d' -e 's/,/|/g' file1 > file2 sort -t"|" -k1,1 -u file2 Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help, awk sed sort

Hi,everyone: I'm new to shell, and now get trouble with some script: line=`/usr/xpg4/bin/awk '/^(*\|){2}'"$CR"'/ {print $0}' ${TIER4FILE}|grep -v OSNAME=`sed -n ''$LINE'p' $DATALOC/os` sort +1 /tmp/LhasaCRs2 > /tmp/LhasaCRs1 I cannot understand the "{2}" here. My mentor said it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mycoy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 problems... sed and sort

Hi everyone! I have a file like that: And I would it like that: I don't know how to keep the first field and sort the second one. I have a second question with sed... to put the variable $VAR at the beginning of the file... But I have an output like this: snork... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a combination of sort/cut/grep/awk/join/paste/sed

I have a file and need to only select users that have a shell of “/bin/bash” in the line using awk or sed please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate chars and sort string [SED]

Hi, INPUT: DCBADD OUTPUT: ABCD The SED script should alphabetically sort the chars in the string and remove the duplicate chars. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jds93
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort

input file abc1 abc23 abc12 abc15 output abc1 abc12 abc15 abc23 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required output

Hi All, Need Suggestion, Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required, output as below, such that each LUN shows correct WWPN and FA port Numbers correctly: Required output: 01FB 10000000c97843a2 8C 0 01FB 10000000c96fb279 9C 0 22AF 10000000c97843a2 8C 0 22AF 10000000c975adbd ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed --> sort data by date

Hi, i "tried" to sort data by date. So far, i used sed to take the data from the last and the actual month. Now, after changing the year it is not working properly. i use: GNU bash, version 4.2.45(1)-release (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu) sed -n '/\//p' $Home/../scripte/pd_0.txt y is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wget, grep, sort, sed in 1 command/script

Hi, I need to join these statements for efficiency, and without having to make a new directory for each batch. I'm annotating commands below. wget -q -r -l1 URL ^^ can't use -O - here and pipe | to grep because of -r grep -hrio "\b\+@\+\.\{2,4\}\+\b" * > first.txt ^^ Need to grep the output... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
14 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)