Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problems configuring keyboard and Firefox on Solaris Post 302466277 by danndp on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 05:12:02 AM
Old 10-26-2010
Problems configuring keyboard and Firefox on Solaris

Hello,

I'm having problems with my keyboard on Solaris 10, i want to "complete" the command with the tab key and it does not work, also, i want to use the arrows to remember the last commands issued and it always show [[A [[B...

By the way, i'm having problems with my DNS, i can resolve with nslookup Google, but when i try to open a browser with Google it does not work, but if i put tue IP of google it works!

Isn't weird that i can issue: nslookup Google on the console, and the browser doesn't work?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

tftp configuring on Solaris 5.7

Hi, I need to setup a tftp facility on a Sun server. Can someone help me urgently, i need this to be up at the earliest. Regards, Vivek :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Firefox for Solaris?

I was wondering how i could install mozilla firefox for solaris 8? I downloaded the file: firefox1.0.4-sparc-sun-solaris2.8.tar.bz2 Then i read to decompress .bz2 files i need another software so i got bzip2, but i dont know how to install that eiether :( As your probably gathered im... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikster007
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB keyboard in Solaris

I have a USB keyboard/mouse combo hooked up to an x86 box and when it loads the mouse works fine, but the ctrl, shift, alt, and i think the function keys don't do anything. Is there a setting I need to change, or a way to manually configure them. There are no drivers, it is supposed to emulate a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winzernotman
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 Sunblade 2000 and French HP Keyboard

Hello Experts I am trying to use my Solaris 8 Sunblade 2000 with a French HP Keyboard. My system needs to be configured with this keyboard. Please advise where I can set it up. By the way I am using CDE environment. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change Firefox keyboard shortcuts

Hi board! Can anybody tell me how to configure the Keyboard shortcuts of Firefox? I know that there is an extension called keyconfig and I used it with Firefox 1.0 but I it wasn't updated since 2005 or something. I also had a closer look at about:config but didn't find anything. My Google... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schallstrom
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Configuring samba in solaris x-86

I just wanted to know if I can configure samba on solaris 10 x-86. I was just wondering if the samba is in-built software gets shipped with Operating System CD. I have searched a lot on many sites and forums but still not getting any way to make it. It would be really appreciable if some can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris don't boot without mouse and keyboard

Hi guys, I've installed Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10) in a x86 box. I will put this box as a home server to store my files/backups/whatterver shared stuff replacing my old NetBSD machine. But, after installed and correctly configured, when I tried to boot this box without keybord and mouse (USB both),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmerman
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Configuring firefox for mass installations

We have been looking into the possibility of configuring firefox upon installation for a common desktop environment for all users. For instance we want the font to be sans-serif 12 points throughout (preferences menu item), a standard set of plugins to be installed (add ons menu item) and some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing firefox on solaris 10

I wondered how I could install firefox-11.0.en-US.solaris-10-fcs-i386.tar.bz2 for solaris 10 ? I read to unwind. Bz2 i need another software how can i instal this package? i'tried with the command GZIP but i dont found ./install? i tried also without terminalbut I do not know how to install... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris hangs (Firefox)

dear members, i am a newbie to solaris 11.3, and deeply impressed. On my test pc (Lenovo M90), however, using the internet hangs the system from time to time; initializing the connecting (WLAN) during installation (via the live cd) took two attempts as well. Maybe someone has a solution... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichardLichten
7 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)