Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assigning value of a select count(*) from tablename ( run on db2 ) to a unix variable Post 302466207 by larsbh on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 12:11:07 AM
Old 10-26-2010
Follow this format:

db2 connect to dbname...
myvar=$(db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.table")
print "myvar = $myvar"
db2 connect reset

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

select count(*) into a variable

Hi, Could anybody help me how can I assign the value of "select count(*) from table1" to a variable in an unix shell script. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguda
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2 and Unix Variable .....

Guys Quick help... ---------------------------- #!/usr/bin/ksh db2 -x "select count(*) from ${SCHEMA}.EMP"> $HOME/count.dat COUNT=`cat $HOME/count.dat` echo Table Count: $COUNT if ( $COUNT -eq 0 ); then echo Record Count in Table is 0 exit 1 fi echo Records Exist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select count(*) in sqlplus into variable unix shell

Need to select count(*) from table to check for zero result in unix script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggle
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing count(*) into unix variable

Hi, I've just started on unix shell scripting a few days ago. I tried look for the solution to my problem over the net but to no avail. The objective of my script is to count the number of records in a particular table from a Oracle database. Ok, here's my problem, when I run this script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mervinboyz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect value from sql select statment to unix variable

Hi, I need to get the value from the table using the sql command and store this value into the unix variable so that i can use this value for furthure use.. Please can any body help me in this regards Thanks & Regards Abdul Hafeez Shaik (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulhafeez
17 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using unix variable in select column in awk

Hi, I have file on below pattern, and i want to write a generic awk to handle all cases. input_file: col1~col2~col3~col4~col5~col6 I need to generate 4 files something like this File1: col1~~col2~~col3 File2: col1~~col2~~col4 File3: col1~~col2~~col5 File4: col1~~col2~~col6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luckybalaji
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run DB2 export command in loop

Hi All, I have list of 100 table names in a file, how to read table name from and pass to DB2 export command and run for all tables in loop. Please help me with script. db2 EXPORT TO ~/data_export/<table name from file>.ixf OF IXF MESSAGES messages.txt "SELECT * FROM ITG.<Table Name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using xml to run db2 commands

Hi, Strange problem I'm having here and not sure what to do. I have here a xml that is supposed to execute the next value in the schema but it isn't do the job it's supposed to do. I'm not a dba or a developer so I'm sorry in advance if there are some things i don't understand. when we run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect - assigning UNIX command output to a variable

Hi, I'm writing a script that connects through ssh (using "expect") and then is supposed to find whether a process on that remote machine is running or not. Here's my code (user, host and password are obviously replaced with real values in actual script): #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oseri
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Script to take file count and insert into DB2 table

Team I have files in different directories . How can i take the count of latest file and insert into Db2 table . I am using awk 'END{print NR+1-ARGC}' (File name) to get the counts. How can i take 1.The count of latest file 2.Insert into Db2 table( File Name and Counts) . cd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies
byobu-select-backend(1) 					       byobu						   byobu-select-backend(1)

NAME
byobu-select-backend - select your default Byobu backend window manager SYNOPSIS
byobu-select-backend [screen|tmux] DESCRIPTION
byobu-select-backend is an application that lists the available Byobu backends and allows you to select your default. You can select one of either screen(1) or tmux(1) on the command line, or giving no command line parameters, the utility will run interac- tively. This utility will only affect which backend is used by default when simply running, byobu(1). Note that at any time, you can force the backend of a particular session by running the helpers, byobu-screen(1) or byobu-tmux(1). FILES
~/.byobu/backend SEE ALSO
byobu(1), byobu-screen(1), byobu-tmux(1), screen(1), tmux(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 30 Oct 2011 byobu-select-backend(1)