Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash? Post 302466201 by KenJackson on Monday 25th of October 2010 10:51:47 PM
Old 10-25-2010
Or grep /proc/mounts (or /etc/mtab) directly:
Code:
if grep -q <partition> /proc/mounts; then
    echo "It's mounted"
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

/ partition is mounted but not present in mount

Hello , I 've got a problem with the root partition on my SCO 5.0.5 . When I check the disk with df or mount , I can 't see the root filesystem . # mount /stand on /dev/boot read only on Tue Sep 05 16:13:51 2006 /home on /dev/home read/write on Tue Sep 05 16:14:41 2006 But , if I try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn35
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris10:How to check where /usr are really mounted

How can I check which partition /usr are mounted on ? Usually this is mounted on root (/). If I want to move /usr to another partition, how do I do this ? BR Ludwig (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ludwig
1 Replies

3. Solaris

swap partition showing mounted in df -h

Dear All Anyone can help me what is the problem of swap partition? swap partition is showing mounted in df -h command output. Regards prakash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display partition name on mounted on using this script

Hi All Guys.... root> df -k|grep /u0 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u02vol 12582912 8717924 3744252 70% /u02 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u01vol 8796160 5563610 3131556 64% /u01 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u04vol 10035200 1247888 8519534 13% /u04 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u03vol 12582912 2524060 9744542 21% ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to check if mounted, and mount if not

I'd like to make a wrapper bash script that will make sure that an nfs mount is mounted before launching a program that depends on the mount being active. Basically: 1) Check to see if the mount is active 2) If it's not active, try to mount it 3) If it won't mount because the nfs server is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if NAS filesystem is mounted

Anyone know the best way to check and see if a NAS filesystem is mounted on a linux box. I have no idea where to start :wall:. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d3mon_spawn
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Check mounted filesystems

Hi, Please help me to tell How to check mounted filesystems for any inconsistency. Can I run fsck -m /dev/rdsk/cntndnsn for this? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manmohan Mishra
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to check if the folders in mounted on which partition?

Hi there, I am able to check which parition from Storage > Disk Management How is it possible to check if the folder is mounted on which partition. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with code to check if file systems are mounted

Hi I need to have a piece of code that check if all file systems are mounted or not. I have to pieces of information like the output of the bdfcommand, and the file /etc/fstab. The first is: bdf Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 2097152 266656... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if file systems are mounted

Hi I have the following piece of code, running on a solaris 10 O.S., that is not working for NFS file systems: for vol in `grep -E 'vxfs|ufs|nfs' /etc/vfstab | egrep -v '^#' | awk '{ print $3 }'` do if df -k $vol | grep $vol > /dev/null then outputOK "Filesystem: $vol mounted" else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux