Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to export Directory paths through Script Post 302466103 by methyl on Monday 25th of October 2010 12:54:01 PM
Old 10-25-2010
Code:
. /etl/estdm2/dev/scripts/DM_ENV_VARS_NEW.ksh DEV

Try preceding the line with dot-space (same as you did for sourcing .profile).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

need script for locked and unused user accounts in /export/home directory

Hi all, i have to need one script: 1. it will capture the unused user accounts in /export/home directory. 2. it will capture the locked user accounts in /export/home directory. Note: locked accounts will show in /etc/passwd like /bin/false --> (instead of ksh it will show false) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use mimesender to send attachments with spaces in the file names / paths

Hello, I found the mimesender multiple attachment emailing shell script in the FAQ of these forums, and I have been able to use it to send multiple files, but only if they don't have spaces in their file name or path. When I attempt to send a file with spaces in it's name, enclosed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsmorra
0 Replies

3. Solaris

find home directory paths for all users

How to find al the user's home directories? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Directory from array of file names with paths

I have a script that generates a variable with the location of a file and its complete path. What i want to do is to "cd" to the directory where that file is located using the path name of the file. GIS has absolutely failed me. For example when i run my script it generates a variable called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Knome
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to display paths of files in a directory

hi guys does anyone know how to display the file paths of the files stored within a directory at the command terminal? e.g. if i have a directory called "home", how do i display the file paths of the files inside the directory? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Villaman69
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat a list of directory paths only to a file

Hi! I would like to funnel a series of directories and subdirectories into a text file. This is the output I would like to see from a find command: /mypath/ABC_01/VISIT_01 /mypath/ABC_01/VISIT_02 /mypath/ABC_01/VISIT_03 /mypath/ABC_02/VISIT_01 /mypath/ABC_03/VISIT_01 I've tried: find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to export delimiter as variable to SQL

Hi, I'm using a shell wrapper to trigger a teradata sql fastexport script as follows: #!/bin/ksh export delm=`echo "\t"` fexp <<! SELECT COALESCE(TRIM(CAST(col1 AS VARCHAR(10))),'') ||'$delm'|| COALESCE(CAST(col2 AS VARCHAR(10)),'') ||'$delm'|| COALESCE(TRIM(col3),'') FROM TABLE; ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumoka
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to replace directory paths

Hi all, I have written a bash script to do a few things for my Splunk deployment, however, I am currently stuck on one part... I need to the current working directory (I collect this with `pwd`) in the script as it could in theory be run from a number of locations. I'm not that great with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TauntaunHerder
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace directory paths in multiple files at once

I need to update about 2400 files in a directory subtree, with a new directory path inside the files I need to change this occurence in all files: /d2/R12AB/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2 with this: /u01/PROD/apps/apps_st/10.1.3 I know how to change single words using "find . -type f -print0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wicus
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading directory paths with spaces from a file

Hi I want to know how to handle the spaces in the below scenario. I have a file (CON_zip_path_1.txt) which has some directory paths with spaces in directory names . My requirement is to unzip these zip files to another path. Please see the code below and the error. CON_zip_path_1.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
4 Replies
CW(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						     CW(7)

NAME
CW - the international Morse code DESCRIPTION
CW is an abbreviation for "continuous wave", the commonly used technical term for Morse code communication. A basic knowledge or under- standing of Morse code is a requirement for Radio Amateurs and Marine Radio Operators in many parts of the world. MORSE CODE TIMINGS In Morse code, a dot or dash is referred to as an element. The basic timing unit is the dot period. This is the time taken to send a dot, not including any space before or after the dot. The lengths of all other elements are then derived from this basic unit, using the fol- lowing rules: The duration of a dash is three dots. The time between each element (dot or dash) is one dot length. The space between characters is three dot lengths. The space between words is seven dot lengths. The following formula calculates the dot period in microseconds from the Morse code speed in words per minute: dot period = ( 1200000 / speed ) This formula arises from the use of the word PARIS as a 'standard' word for calibrating Morse code speed. PARIS is 50 units long when sent in Morse code. Analysis of English plain-text indicates that the average word is 50 units, including spaces. MORSE CODE CHARACTERS The following list shows the IS0 8859-1 (Latin-1) characters that have commonly understood representations in Morse code: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789"$()+-./:;=?_@ and space In addition, following ISO 8859-1 and ISO 8859-2 accented characters are also part of the generally accepted international Morse code: UACOEEANS (S with cedilla), (Z with caron/hacek), Finally, libcw adds the following ASCII characters as extensions to single character procedural signals: <>!&^~ MORSE CODE CHARACTER TABLES The following table shows the Morse code equivalents for the ISO 8859-1, accented ISO 8859-1, and accented ISO 8859-2 characters above. The ASCII portion of this table is taken from the ARRL Handbook, and the accented extensions from various other sources: Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code ------------------------------------------------------- A .- B -... C -.-. D -.. E . F ..-. G --. H .... I .. J .--- K -.- L .-.. M -- N -. O --- P .--. Q --.- R .-. S ... T - U ..- V ...- W .-- X -..- Y -.-- Z --.. 0 ----- 1 .---- 2 ..--- 3 ...-- 4 ....- 5 ..... 6 -.... 7 --... 8 ---.. 9 ----. " .-..-. ' .----. $ ...-..- ( -.--. ) -.--.- + .-.-. , --..-- - -....- . .-.-.- / -..-. : ---... ; -.-.-. = -...- ? ..--.. _ ..--.- Ch Code Ch Code ------------------------------------------------- U ..-- A .-.- C -.-.. O ---. E ..-.. A .-..- A .--.- N --.-- S (S+cedilla) ---- (Z+caron/hacek) --..- In addition to the above standard characters, the following characters are conventionally used for punctuation and procedural signals as follows: Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code ------------------------------------------------------- " .-..-. ' .----. $ ...-..- ( -.--. ) -.--.- + .-.-. , --..-- - -....- . .-.-.- / -..-. : ---... ; -.-.-. = -...- ? ..--.. _ ..--.- @ .--.-. and the following are non-conventional extensions implemented by libcw: Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code ----------------------------------------------------- < ...-.- > -...-.- ! ...-. & .-... ^ -.-.- ~ .-.-.. An alternative view of punctuation and procedural signals is as combination Morse characters: Ch Prosig Ch Prosig Ch Prosig Ch Prosig --------------------------------------------------------- " [AF] ' [WG] $ [SX] ( [KN] ) [KK] + [AR] , [MIM] - [DU] . [AAA] / [DN] : [OS] ; [KR] = [BT] ? [IMI] _ [IQ] @ [AC] < [VA],[SK] > [BK] ! [SN] & [AS] ^ [KA] ~ [AL] NOTES
Despite the fact that this manual page constantly and consistently refers to Morse code elements as dots and dashes, DO NOT think in these terms when trying to learn Morse code. Always think of them as 'dit's and 'dah's. SEE ALSO
Man pages for libcw(3,LOCAL), cw(1,LOCAL), cwgen(1,LOCAL), cwcp(1,LOCAL), and xcwcp(1,LOCAL). CW Tutor Package CW(7)