Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bit Mapping
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bit Mapping Post 302465781 by readycpbala on Sunday 24th of October 2010 08:08:18 AM
Old 10-24-2010
what do you mean by filter ?
extract those ? or filter them out ?

I want Extract those records

you need them to meet both condition 1) AND 2) or just one of them if 1) OR 2) then print|filter out ????

both the Condition should meet
---------- Post updated at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:12 PM ----------

Code:
awk -F, '($18==16384) && ($1==706)' inputfile

Field 18 should be checked with Bitwise operator (want to match the Bitwise AND)
??
in your exemple none of the record have a first field with value 706 ... did you mean field 2 or field 3 instead ?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Last edited by Scott; 10-24-2010 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migrating unix mp-ras 32 bit to linux suse 64 bit

Hi. I need to migrate the whole unix environment from a Unix mp-ras 32 bit to a Linux Suse 64 bit. 1) can i use cpio to copy the data? 2) can i just copy the users from unix to linux or do i have to create them by hand 3) are there any other concerns i should worry about? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)