Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bit Mapping
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bit Mapping Post 302465767 by ctsgnb on Sunday 24th of October 2010 06:21:27 AM
Old 10-24-2010
what do you mean by filter ?
extract those ? or filter them out ?

you need them to meet both condition 1) AND 2) or just one of them if 1) OR 2) then print|filter out ????

---------- Post updated at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:12 PM ----------

Code:
awk -F, '($18==16384) && ($1==706)' inputfile

??
in your exemple none of the record have a first field with value 706 ... did you mean field 2 or field 3 instead ?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migrating unix mp-ras 32 bit to linux suse 64 bit

Hi. I need to migrate the whole unix environment from a Unix mp-ras 32 bit to a Linux Suse 64 bit. 1) can i use cpio to copy the data? 2) can i just copy the users from unix to linux or do i have to create them by hand 3) are there any other concerns i should worry about? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
Traffic control index filter(8) 				       Linux					   Traffic control index filter(8)

NAME
tcindex - traffic control index filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... tcindex [ hash SIZE ] [ mask MASK ] [ shift SHIFT ] [ pass_on | fall_through ] [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
This filter allows to match packets based on their tcindex field value, i.e. the combination of the DSCP and ECN fields as present in IPv4 and IPv6 headers. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. classid CLASSID Push matching packets into the class identified by CLASSID. hash SIZE Hash table size in entries to use. Defaults to 64. mask MASK An optional bitmask to binary AND to the packet's tcindex field before use. shift SHIFT The number of bits to right-shift a packet's tcindex value before use. If a mask has been set, masking is done before shifting. pass_on If this flag is set, failure to find a class for the resulting ID will make the filter fail and lead to the next filter being con- sulted. fall_through This is the opposite of pass_on and the default. The filter will classify the packet even if there is no class present for the resulting class ID. SEE ALSO
tc(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Traffic control index filter(8)