Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with reading file with values and updating another file Post 302465708 by ygemici on Saturday 23rd of October 2010 05:11:54 PM
Old 10-23-2010
Code:
# ./justdoit
<file port="8080" binding=""dynamic" or "other" or "something else"" />
<details host="www.test.com" />
<policy node> insert value of policy here only if binding=""dynamic" or "other" or "something else"" otherwise leave it
</policy node>

</file>

Code:
### justdoit ###

#!/bin/bash
/bin/cp -f file2 orgfile2
for i in `sed '/policy/d;s/\(.*\)=.*/\1/' file1 `
 do
  x=$(sed -n "/$i/s/\(.*=\)\(.*\)/\1\"\2\"/p" file1)
  sed -i "s@$i=[\"0-9a-z\.\/]*@$x@" file2
 done
 more file2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file and assigning values

HI I have something like this in a file ABC = 1 DEF = 2 GHI = 3 JKL = 4 MNO = 5 QRS = 6 TUV = 7 I need to assign ABC to V_abc (that is to a variable) GHI to V_ghi (that is to another variable) TUV to say V_tuv ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from a file using DB2 SQL

I have some alphbetical codes in that (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from one file and updating other file with constant entries

Hi All, Thaks for the help in my last thread. I have one more question. I have two files with ldap entries in it. One file contains all the user LDAP parameter entries (26 MB) and other file contains only the user id's that have to be inactivated. Unix script has to read from the file that has... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from a file

Hi I have a file in the following format AFUE 0. AOXI 0. VFUE 100.0 VOXI 274.601 TFUE 298. TOXI 2229.544 TMAX 2400. What I want to do is write a bash script, that use either perl/awk or sed to read the number after VFUE and VOXI (which is 100.0 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and updating property file

I have to do a read operation for a field in property file, which looks like follows: 123|xyz|datetime|count '|' is delimiter. Finally I managed to read the contents of property file using statement like cut -d"|" -f1 $PROPERTIES_FILE | tr '\n' ' ' <-- Reading first column But now I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshranjanscs
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading off values from a large file

Hi, I have a large output file (star.log), with many lines of the following type *** T vavg unburnt: 723.187 / burnt: 2662.000 What I would like to do is pick the values 723.187 and 2662.000 and What I've got so far is awk '/unburnt:.*burnt:/{Tu=$6;Tb=$NF}END{print Tu, Tb}'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and Comparing values of file

Hi gurus.. Am reading a file, counting number of lines and storing it in a variable. Then am passing that variable into If loop for comparision, if the number of lines are greater than 1000 it should split a file if not it should send the file name to archive folder.. but when i execute the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azherkn3
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)