Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News What consistency does your key-value store actually provide? Post 302465633 by Linux Bot on Saturday 23rd of October 2010 03:15:05 AM
Old 10-23-2010
What consistency does your key-value store actually provide?

HPL-2010-98 What consistency does your key-value store actually provide? - Anderson, Eric; Li, Xiaozhou; Shah, Mehul; Tucek, Joseph; Wylie, Jay
Keyword(s): Consistency, graph algorithms, key-value stores
Abstract: Many key-value stores have recently been proposed as platforms for always-on, globally-distributed, Internet scale applications. To meet their needs, these stores often sacrifice consistency for availability. Yet, few tools exist that can verify the consistency actually provided by a key-value store ...
Full Report

More...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pressing backspace key simulates enter key

Hi, Whenever i press the backspace key, a new line appears, i.e. it works like a enter key. :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

store key value

Hi All, I have a string like echo $var D_PROC=20080723 I_REPROC=N C_TYPE_FILE=INBOUND Now I want it be stored in an associative array so that when we echo $arr it should be 20080723 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

consistency in unix files

hi all, problem 1.) i want to change the content of the file and save with the same name i get the solution like do a sed on that file and mv to same location. IS there any alternative solution of this??? problem 2) in this senario multiple scripts using a single file each script changes the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to provide password?

Hi , I am trying to unzip some file in a dir using shell script ,but it prompts for password to unzip those files ,how would i provide the passoword in the script it self (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Provide 2 inputs when prompts

Hi All, I am a novice to UNIX, i need to know is there a way to provide 2 inputs when the shell prompts and i need to assign those 2 values to 2 separate variables. I dont want to give those values as a arguments (while running the script). Thanks in advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna2166
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one provide shell script for this ...

• With this script, users will be able to o Enter into the recycle bin mode. During this mode, all files deleted will be sent to the recycle bin. The recycle bin will be common to all users. o View contents of the recycle bin (his/her file(s) only). o Retrieve a particular file from the recycle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavana busetty
3 Replies
evp(3)								      OpenSSL								    evp(3)

NAME
evp - high-level cryptographic functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/evp.h> DESCRIPTION
The EVP library provides a high-level interface to cryptographic functions. EVP_Seal... and EVP_Open... provide public key encryption and decryption to implement digital "envelopes". The EVP_Sign... and EVP_Verify... functions implement digital signatures. Symmetric encryption is available with the EVP_Encrypt... functions. The EVP_Digest... functions provide message digests. The EVP_PKEY... functions provide a high level interface to asymmetric algorithms. Algorithms are loaded with OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms(3). All the symmetric algorithms (ciphers), digests and asymmetric algorithms (public key algorithms) can be replaced by ENGINE modules providing alternative implementations. If ENGINE implementations of ciphers or digests are registered as defaults, then the various EVP functions will automatically use those implementations automatically in preference to built in software implementations. For more information, consult the engine(3) man page. Although low level algorithm specific functions exist for many algorithms their use is discouraged. They cannot be used with an ENGINE and ENGINE versions of new algorithms cannot be accessed using the low level functions. Also makes code harder to adapt to new algorithms and some options are not cleanly supported at the low level and some operations are more efficient using the high level interface. SEE ALSO
EVP_DigestInit(3), EVP_EncryptInit(3), EVP_OpenInit(3), EVP_SealInit(3), EVP_SignInit(3), EVP_VerifyInit(3), OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms(3), engine(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 evp(3)