Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Block size in listing files
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Block size in listing files Post 302465489 by shahnazurs on Friday 22nd of October 2010 02:35:04 PM
Old 10-22-2010
any update for this ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script working for small size files but not for big size files.

Hi, I have one file stat. Stat file contents are as follows: for example. H50768020040913,00260100,507680,13,0000000643,0000000643,00000,0000 H50769520040808,00260100,507695,13,0000000000,0000000000,00000,0000 H50770620040611,00260100,507706,13,0000000000,0000000000,00000,0000 Now i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidpreml
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files in a directory in bases of size

Hi , I want to list all files in the order of size . Just want to know which files occupies more size and which occupies less size . Is it possible with ls command ? :) Thanks, Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing files excluding files from control file

I have a directory named Project.I have a control file which contains valid list of files.I would like list the files from directory Project which contains files other than listed in the control file. Sample control file: TEST SEND SFFFILE CONTL The directory contains followign... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just listing size, timestamp & name of files in a directory

How can I list the files in a directory and just show the file size, date stamp, timestamp and file name.. I've been trying to ls -lrt the directory to a file and then use the cut command but I'm not having any luck with getting the proper results.. I thought i could use the -f switch and count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finishing a bash script for listing subfolder by size in a large folder

Greetings everyone. I have seen that you do wonders here. I have a large folder on a Ubuntu linux. Organization main folder, inside 20 000 subfolders, and inside those subolders many other like 5-6 folders and files. I am interested to create an output to a txt file under the bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day

Hi, I want to display the file names and the record count for the files in the 2nd column for the files created today. i have written the below command which is listing the file names. but while piping the above command to the wc -l command its not working for me. ls -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

About Block Size and Fragment Size

Accordingly a lot of manuals - if you have block size 8KB and trying to write a 1KB file to the block, as result you waste 7KB of the block space. But recently I noticed about Fragments of File Block. In same case if you have File Block 8KB and Fragment size 1KB - you can save your block space,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory listing in the order of size

I want to display directory listing in the order of size. I do not have -S option in my version of UNIX. So I wrote a simple script. But it takes "| sort -n -k5,5" part as file names. Any suggestion? #!/bin/ksh cmd='ls -l *.TXT | sort -n -k 5,5' set -x $cmd return 0 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
7 Replies
Gtk2::PageSetup(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Gtk2::PageSetup(3pm)

NAME
Gtk2::PageSetup - wrapper for GtkPageSetup HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gtk2::PageSetup METHODS
pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new_from_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new_from_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 double = $setup->get_bottom_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_bottom_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_left_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_left_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->load_file ($file_name) o $file_name (string) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 $setup->load_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 pageorientation = $setup->get_orientation $setup->set_orientation ($orientation) o $orientation (Gtk2::PageOrientation) double = $setup->get_page_height ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_page_width ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_paper_height ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_paper_size_and_default_margins ($size) o $size (Gtk2::PaperSize) papersize = $setup->get_paper_size $setup->set_paper_size ($size) o $size (Gtk2::PaperSize) double = $setup->get_paper_width ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_right_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_right_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->to_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 $setup->to_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) Since: gtk+ 2.12 double = $setup->get_top_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_top_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gtk2::PageOrientation o 'portrait' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT' o 'landscape' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE' o 'reverse-portrait' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_REVERSE_PORTRAIT' o 'reverse-landscape' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_REVERSE_LANDSCAPE' enum Gtk2::Unit o 'pixel' / 'GTK_UNIT_PIXEL' o 'points' / 'GTK_UNIT_POINTS' o 'inch' / 'GTK_UNIT_INCH' o 'mm' / 'GTK_UNIT_MM' SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-27 Gtk2::PageSetup(3pm)