Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Need to copy file from Linux to DOS. Post 302465470 by mghis on Friday 22nd of October 2010 01:26:12 PM
Old 10-22-2010
Need to copy file from Linux to DOS.

I have two PCs with Ubuntu 10.4 and DOS 5.0, which are connected with a 9 pins serial cable.
I need to copy some files from the Linux box to the DOS box.

I tried UUCP but it's too difficult and i didn't found a working client for DOS.

Can you help me? Thanks for any reply!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy on dos floppy?

can we copy files to a dos floppy on a unix system? how? thanx in advance raju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux, copy a:\file to /tmp in linux?

hi, i am on linux 8. i wanted to copy a file from my a:\filename to my linux 8 /tmp directroy. how do i do this or any directions as in how to accompilsh. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOS Debug for linux

Hi guys. I'm in desperate need of a program that can allow me to write files to different sectors of a disk (floppy), in the same way the DOS Debug program can (with a command such as -w 100 0 0 1 to write the bootsector of the disk). Does anyone know any links or names of programs that could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command for copy file from CD to Linux box

Hi , I have simple question as i am beginner , I have to copy one file from cd(compact disc) to my linux box on some directory. With which command and how can i do that? Thanks sam71 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam70
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from CDROM to DOS Directory

Hi Everyone, :) Could someone PLEASE tell me how to copy some DOS files from a CDROM to a DOS readable directory in UNIX. I imagine that sounds strange, but that's what I need to do. I am somewhat familiar with... Inserting the CDROM mount /mnt/cdrom ls /mnt/cdrom eject /mnt/cdrom... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greystoke
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and paste certain many lines of huge file in linux

Dear All, I am working with windoes OS but remote a linux machine. I wonder the way to copy an paste some part of a huge file in linux machine. the contain of file like as follow: ... dump annealling all custom 10 anneal_*.dat id type x y z q timestep 0.02 run 200000 Memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariesto
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to copy a file from Linux

Hi Experts, I want to copy a file from a Linux machine to another Linux machine or a windows machine shared drive. I mean to say.. cp filename //hostname/shareddrive. I don't want to mount. Is there any way we can do it. Regards Naree Double post. Replies here moved to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
0 Replies

8. SuSE

I want to copy a file from Linux

Hi Experts, I want to copy a file from a Linux machine to another Linux machine or a windows machine shared drive. I mean to say.. cp filename //hostname/shareddrive. I don't want to mount. Is there any way we can do it. Regards Naree (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Copy a file from Linux

Hi Experts, I want to copy a file from a Linux machine to another Linux machine or a windows machine shared drive. I mean to say.. cp filename //hostname/shareddrive I don't want to mount. Is there any way we can do it. Regards Naree (34 Replies)
34 Replies