Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regarding automatic keystroke Post 302465265 by Klashxx on Friday 22nd of October 2010 03:20:24 AM
Old 10-22-2010
This way (in ksh) :

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

readKey () 
{
echo "Press key."
oldstty=$(stty -g)
stty -icanon -echo min 1 time 0
answ=$(dd bs=1 count=1 2>/dev/null)
stty "${oldstty}"
oldstty=""
}

readKey

echo "${answ} --> presed"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Keystroke log, eventlog, etc...

Don't you just hate crackers? Ok, I have a user on my server who is always causing trouble. He is constantly trying to get into files, change stuff, get users passwords, etc. I was wondering if Linux has a built in keystroke log, or event log of some sort that I may use to track his movements. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keystroke trap

Hi, How to track/trap the keyboard strokes in the script say for eg, in normal scene, when a script is running, if a press control c, the program gets terminated... so in this case, how do i trap the keystrokes so as to avoid the abort of the program.. pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldapmodify: keystroke to apply changes

Hi, I need to modify some entries in LDAP, but with what keystroke do I exit and apply the changes? Thanks Brissix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brissix
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Monitoring all user keystroke activity

Hello, First post so bear with me....i've done lost of searches on this and did not find a definitive answer. I need to be able to capture in log every single keystroke a user performs, I am aware that the script command can be used to do this, however, here is my dilemma/problem. Here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Disabled keystroke at the log-in menu

Hello I am unable to enter my password because the OS does not respond to my keystrokes in the password field at the log-in menu, even though it does in the username field. I have no clue how to troubleshoot this. Please help me out. Thank you (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dai2809
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Reading keyboard keystroke

Hello All, I wounder if any one know if perl have the ability to run script in the background which record each keyboard keystorke? If yes , how can I implement the part which reading the keyboard keystroke? Is there any moudle that handle it ? Thanks a head Alalush (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Unix keystroke logger

Hi all, Does anyone know if there is a tool in the market that could do the following when System Admin log to the server as root and perform activities according to his change request: - trap or log his keystroke for the entire duration - provide a report on the changes SA has made to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing the keystroke

i have the below script: #!/bin/bash echo "enter a" read a echo "enter b" read b let c=a+b echo $c at any point of time between entering the value for a and b,if user presses ctrl+a key combination, then it should start from the beginning(the script should be restarted). it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Putty recognise keystroke wrongly!

Putty: release 0.58 Operating system: Linux, release 2.6.36-rc7 Problem: I use Putty to connet to server, initially everthing looks fine but after I browse some files, my keyboard acts funny, like if I keyin "cd", I got "je" on the screen. :wall: This only happens on some existing files but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linwufei125
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Keystroke logging issue

I'm having an issue with keystoke logging. As we know in unix you can press tab to auto-complete a command or whatever it is you are typing. Well keystoke logging in /var/log/ks, tabs are actually showing up as tabs rather than whatever the auto-completion was. Any ideas? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
5 Replies
Test::Assertions::TestScript(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Test::Assertions::TestScript(3pm)

NAME
Test::Assertions::TestScript - Base for test scripts SYNOPSIS
use Test::Assertions::TestScript; use Module::To::Test qw( frobnicate ); ASSERT(frobnicate(),"Frobnicate returns true"); DESCRIPTION
Test::Assertions::TestScript provides a base for writing test scripts. It performs some common actions such as setting up the @INC path and parsing command-line options, specifically: o The lib and t/lib directories are added to @INC. o The current directory is changed to the directory the script is in. o Test script command-line options are parsed. (See "COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS") o The test set of functions from Test::Assertions are imported into your test script. Test::Assertions::TestScript makes certain assumptions about the filesystem layout of your project: o Modules that you are testing are in the lib directory of your project. o Test scripts are in the t directory. o There may also be a t/lib directory for any modules written for the test process. Test::Assertions::TestScript should be "use"d before any modules that you intend to test. OPTIONS
Options can be supplied to the import function. These should be placed after the "use" or "import". For example use Test::Assertions::TestScript( tests => 10, options => { 'b', $opt_b }) The following options are defined: tests The number of tests to pass to "plan tests" from Test::Assertions. For example to tell Test::Assertions::TestScript that the script contains 42 tests: use Test::Assertions::TestScript tests => 42; options A hashref of additional options to capture via Getopt::Long. The "options" import parameter is passed verbatim to GetOptions, so something along the following lines is required in order to capture the "-b" command line option: use Test::Assertions::TestScript( options => { 'b' => $opt_b } ); COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS A script based on Test::Assertions::TestScript will detect the following command line options. -t Shallow tracing. Traces are "print"ed and AutoImport is turned on. -T Deep tracing. Traces are "print"ed and AutoImport is turned on. --trace-module=MODULE Imports tracing into MODULE specifically. Can be specified multiple times. -s Save generated output. You will need to write the actual code to do this in your testscript, but you can inspect $Test::Assertions::TestScript::SAVE_OUTPUT to see whether this argument was given. Be aware that all other command line options will be disregarded unless the "options" import parameter is used to capture them. VERSION
$Revision: 1.18 $ AUTHOR
Colin Robertson <cpan _at_ bbc _dot_ co _dot_ uk> COPYRIGHT
(c) BBC 2005-6. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the GNU GPL. See the file COPYING in this distribution, or http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt perl v5.10.0 2006-08-10 Test::Assertions::TestScript(3pm)