Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Will this show contents of file Post 302465223 by zaxxon on Friday 22nd of October 2010 01:29:55 AM
Old 10-22-2010
There is not much worth to trouble shoot - best rewrite them.

1. could look like:
Code:
VAR=filename; if [ -f $VAR ]; then cat $VAR; else echo $VAR does not exist; fi

2. I am not sure what the writer of those lines was going to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating file contents using contents of another file

Hi, I am not sure how to start doing this so I hope to get some advice as to how to start. I have 2 files. The source file contains data that I needed is in columns delimited by ";". For example, in this format: "CONTINENT","COUNTRY","CITY","ID" "asia","japan","tokyo","123"... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReV
21 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show file to new format

Hi all If my text file as follow: group size time file other 58585739 2008 test1.csv other 122 2008 testcsv.sh other 164 19:28 testexplain.sh other 29132428 2008 testq.csv other 104 21:02 testshell.sh other 792 21:39 xxx.txt I need to show file to new format as follow: group ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: almanto
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare 2 file contents , if same delete 2nd file contents

Give shell script....which takes two file names as input and compares the contents, is both are same delete second file's contents..... I try with "diff"...... but confusion how to use "diff" with if ---else Thanking you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to delete the contents of a file which are matching with contents of other file

Hi, I want to delete the contents of a file which are matching with contents of other file in shell scripting. Ex. file1 sheel,sumit,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 sumit,rana,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 grade,pass,2,3,4,5,6,232,1,1 name,sur,33,1,4,12,3,5,6,8 sheel,pass,2,3,4,5,6,232,1,1 File2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranasheel2000
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace partial contents of file with contents read from other file

Hi, I am facing issue while reading data from a file in UNIX. my requirement is to compare two files and for the text pattern matching in the 1st file, replace the contents in second file by the contents of first file from start to the end and write the contents to thrid file. i am able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeki
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounted to mac, doesn't show DIR contents on first 'ls'

Hi, I have a cronjob that mounts machines every 15 minutes. sudo mount -t cifs -o username=Ren_user,password=AIB#1109$,nounix,bg,sec=ntlmssp //10.204.129.233/Desktop /mnt/clinical/234mac When I open a new shell and ls /mnt/clinical/234macto the mount point it is blank, but when I do the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep show file name once

I am using grep as follows grep --include \*.org -ir "sunspot" -C 3 ./astron_aphys/solarsy/sun/helioseism/localhs/fhankel/ This gives me the filename for each matched line. How can I change the command to print the file name only once rather than having the same file name repeated at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why ls doesn't show catalog contents after mount (needed "cd .")?

Before I did mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/ll xsi ll # ls xsi ll # cd . xsi ll # ls NEWGAME.GM2 install md5sum.txt syslinux.cfg ubnkern .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
cvm-sql(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						cvm-sql(7)

NAME
cvm-sql - CVM SQL Framework QUERY SUBSTITUTION
$VAR and ${VAR} are replaced with the quoted value of the environment variable named VAR. Use the second form when VAR contains anything other than alpha-numeric or underscore (_) characters. Do not include quotes in the query. The variables account and domain contain the account and domain names given by the CVM client. $$ is replaced with a single dollar sign. QUERY RESULTS
The query must produce the following fields exactly in order. All required fields must not be null or empty. 1. Password, encrypted with crypt(3) (required) 2. Actual account name (required) 3. User ID (integer) (required) 4. Group ID (integer) (required) 5. Directory (required) 6. Real name (optional) 7. Login shell (optional) 8. Group name (optional) 9. Domain name (optional) 10. System account name (optional) 11. System account directory (optional) 12. Mailbox path (optional) DEFAULT QUERY
SELECT password, username, userid, groupid, directory, realname, shell, groupname, domain, sys_username, sys_directory FROM accounts WHERE username=$account AND domain=$domain SEE ALSO
cvm-mysql(8), cvm-pgsql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-sql(7)