Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Python update already printed line. Post 302465212 by cjcox on Friday 22nd of October 2010 12:45:49 AM
Old 10-22-2010
use print with comma at the end (no newline) and output a \r at the beginning of your print... see if that helps.

---------- Post updated at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:44 PM ----------

You may have to investigate using a terminfo or curses library... what I put above won't clear the line... you can fake it by always outputting enough to blank out the old data (uses spaces for example).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the line to be printed in single line

Hi, I have my code like this v_site_eli=`sqlplus -s<<-EOsqlplus $SQL_USERNAME/$SQL_PASSWD WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT FAILURE SET TERM OFF SET HEAD OFF SET VERIFY OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF declare VARIABLE vn_return_sts varchaR2(6); begin SELECT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjkreddy
1 Replies

2. Programming

Parsing command line arguments in Python

Hi, I've a python script called aaa.py and passing an command line option " -a" to the script like, ./aaa.py -a & Inside the script if the -a option is given I do some operation if not something else. code looks like ./aaa.py -a . . if options.a ---some operation--- if not options.a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Python 2.6 on redhat 5 (update 8)

Hi, I would like to know wheather it is possible to install python 2.6 on RedHat Ent Linux 5 (update8) using rpms? I have checked by default Python 2.4 is installed. or wheather Redhat 6.0 needs to be installed for python 2.6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. Linux

Unable to access CentOS setup Network Configuration after attempting Python update

I attempted to update Python on my CentOS 5.6 VM and have encountered some issues after then. Initially yum wouldn't work, but I have resolved that. However, now I am unable to access the Network Configuration section under setup. When I do select this option I see this at the command line: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get " printed on command line?

Hey, Is there a way I can print " in a command line? When I type "echo "set variable = disco"".... This actually prints echo set variable = disco but I would like to print it out as --- echo "set variable = disco" Thanks, Satya (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python update variable name in for loop

Hello all, Not sure if this question has been answered already. I have some xml Element variable as below: child19 = core_elem_dcache.find('stat') child20 = core_elem_dcache.find('stat') child21 = core_elem_dcache.find('stat') child22 = core_elem_dcache.find('stat'Next I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)