Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assign field value in a .csv file to a variable using ksh Post 302465196 by srim on Thursday 21st of October 2010 11:25:57 PM
Old 10-22-2010
thanks for your concern dude...
but my requirement is that the variable should hold the value [poppy red black white .......]
and in comparison which i'll be doing by using either for or while, in first execution it should pass poppy, in second red and so on....

---------- Post updated at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:23 PM ----------

i would be using that variable to query database for comparisons and if that object does exist there, it should return the field2 and field 3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign value to a variable in a parameter file

Hi, I have a parameter file and it contains following items $ cat TransactionParams From_Date_Parm=2005-02-25 To_Date_Parm=2005-05-25 Extract_Root_Parm=/detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/CTI_London/IAM Extract_Type_Parm=Transaction EDW_Database_Parm=hdw_erks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopskrish
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the csv file and assign the values in to variable

I have a csv file with the values seperated by commas.I want to extract these values one by one and assign to a variable using shell script.Any ideas or code? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbal
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash assign mysql query single field to variable

I'm running a bash script query and assigning the output to a variable like this: exists=`mysql -u $USER_NAME --password=$PASSWORD -D "somedb" \ -e "SELECT * FROM somedb.sometable WHERE field1 ='$a' \ AND field2 ='$b' LIMIT 0 , 30";` which returns something like: echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign perl output to ksh shell variable

Hello, I am writing a ksh script on an AIX system. I need to get the date and time from a file into a variable. I found the following perl script from another post on this site and modified it slightly to output the format I need: perl -e '@d=localtime ((stat(shift)));... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swimp
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files in ksh and o/p the difference in a new csv file

(say) I have 2 csv files - file1.csv & file2.csv as mentioned below: file1.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,40 3000,3,50 4000,4,60 file2.csv ID,version,cost 1000,1,30 2000,2,45 3000,4,55 6000,5,70 The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naresh101
7 Replies

6. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh PS4 variable assign to `date` output

Hi guys, Is there a way to assign curent time to PS4 variable in ksh. My goal is to have each line produced by 'set -x' command to have a time stamp. Here is my code: $cat test #!/usr/bin/ksh export PS4="`date` " set -x echo "TRACE LINE ONE" echo "I WILL SLEEP FOR 10 SEC" sleep 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assign line from file to variable

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. Need help with the below requirement. I need help to read a log file and line containing word ORA needs to be captured into a variable and the values of the variable need to be inserted into a table. For E.g. file test.sql has below error: ORA-01017:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricsharm
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign variable value from file to another with the same name

Hi All, I need to read two config files in a shell script. In that I need to assign a value from one config file to another. I 'm using bash. config_env.txt prefix=tab_ config_properties.txt table_name=${prefix}account So, when I read these two files in a shell script, I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
6 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)