Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Turn python script into an installed UNIX command (Mac OS X) Post 302465085 by DGPickett on Thursday 21st of October 2010 03:36:45 PM
Old 10-21-2010
Sometimes I maintain my scripts as *.sh in my src dir, and make them by suffix by moving them to my bin with no suffix and with execute permissions, which most CM tool do not set.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with python on mac

Hi, I'm sure there's a very easy way to fix this but i'm a newbie so I'm posting this. The problem is that whenever I run python on the terminal I can no longer use the left and right arrows to move left or right, or the up/down arrows to call commands used before. Whenever I click an arrow I get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thefloydpink
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if SQLLDR has been installed on Unix/Aix servers

How can i check if sqlldr has been installed on my AIX/UNIX mechine? Is there any unix script to check this one out.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Can I erase and start my mac with unix command

I made a tragic error and erased the extensions manager from my IMac. Now, I can't get the computer to boot up. It just stays on the gray screen. I've tried using the open apple+s method, which brings up the command console (not sure if I've got the lingo down right), and I've tried everything, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccff22290
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Command to turn off or GUI

What command turns GUI off and on in Solaris 10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass File name and Directory Path through command to python script

I'm writing python script to get the file-names in the current directory and file sizes .I'm able to get file list and their sizes but unable to pass them through command line. I want to use this script to execute on other directory and pass directory path with file name through command line. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use scl enable python command call with in bash shell script?

I have a bash shell script, within it i am using the below two commands . its failing right on scl enable command itself. if i run it by itself without a shell, it works fine. by default it is using pythin version 2.6 something. i want to use 3.4 version for that reason with in the shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
3 Replies

7. Programming

Python script to grep fields and use values from file 1 as argument for another command

Hi Experts, I am working one one python script in version 3.x and 2.6. Need your support to complete it Basically for both commands i have telnet to device and run command and then receiving input File 1 and File 2 I have two commands, need to grep data and output in csv file. Next script/code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
0 Replies
UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)

NAME
update-python-modules - byte-compile python modules SYNOPSIS
update-python-modules [options] [package.public [...]] DESCRIPTION
The update-python-modules command is part of the python-support bundle. update-python-modules is responsible for the byte-compilation of python modules. When used in byte-compilation mode, it will byte-compile modules references in the files given on the command line. When used in installation mode, it will byte-compile them once for each installed python version, and will make them available for all of them. At each invocation, with or without arguments, update-python-modules will check for installed python versions, and will build or remove modules according to new or removed versions since the last time it was run. ARGUMENTS
Arguments must be files or directories located in the /usr/share/python-support directory. Depending on their extension, they are treated differently. package.public A file listing public modules to install for each version. These modules must lie in /usr/share/pyshared or /usr/lib/pyshared. package.private A file listing private modules to byte-compile for one Python version. package/ A legacy directory hierarchy of public modules. The C extensions and portions that change with the Python version are to be found in /usr/lib/python-support/pythonX.Y/package/. package.dirs A legacy file listing directories where to find private modules. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbose Detail all actions while they are performed. -b, --bytecompile Only accept to work on private modules. When given this option, update-python-modules will fail if passed references to public mod- ules. -i, --install Only accept to work on public modules. When given this option, update-python-modules will fail if passed references to public mod- ules. -c, --clean Clean modules instead of installing them. -a, --rebuild-all Rebuild all private modules. This is necessary when the default python version was changed, for example. -f, --force-rebuild-all Clean all modules (public and private), and rebuild them. FILES
/usr/lib/pymodules/pythonX.Y/ These directories contain the byte-compiled modules for version pythonX.Y. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/python-support/README.gz AUTHOR
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>. 18 Feb 2009 UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)