Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run script if new file exists. Post 302464946 by timgolding on Thursday 21st of October 2010 10:27:59 AM
Old 10-21-2010
I don't understand how would this script get run? Need it to run automatically when a folder is uploaded, thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check File Exists and compare to previous day file script

We have data files that are ftp'd every morning to a SUN server. The file names are exactly the same except for that each has the date included in its name. I have to write script to do 2 things: STEP 1) Verify that the file arrived in morning. STEP 2) Compare the file size of the current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbknisely
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a script in UNIX to find a file if another file exists

So I have a lot of Java applications on my servers all having their own folder from the applications subdirectory. Now, I need to do the following. Search all the applications subdirectories for message.jar. If the message.jar file exists, I need to search the application directory for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmdawg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script quesiton - if any file exists then ...

I'd like a bash script to simply check to see if any file/files are present in a source directory, and if so move it/them to a target directory. I have this but it doesn't work: #!/bin/bash if then mv /source/* /target fi What is the right syntax? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if file exists

guys, I am trying to write a script that does the following: it looks for a file in a specific directory and if the file is not there (NOT), it emails me. I have tried the following but its not working. It simply hangs up. Please help. if then mail -s 'blah blah blah' my email... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file exists

Hi, I am trying to write a script which checks if any file exists with "*.log" or "*.out" in Directory below is the code #------------------ path=/abd/xyz/ if ; then echo "Good" else echo "Failure" fi #-------------------------- its always going to else part and printing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
8 Replies

7. Debian

Bash script to STOP installation 'if' a file exists...

Hey all, Here's my dilemma: 1. I'm a newbie at scripting! 2. I need to create a script that checks: If a file size is equal to zero, then stop the installation. Is there a way to do this or am I wasting my time??? Thanx in advance! :b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thazsar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check links exists in the server based on that need to run the build script

Hi, I am working on a build script which will check for the links existing in the server ,then run the gen command to start the build process. Appreciate help on this. server os:sun solaris 10.Bash shell links present in the server location /spa/5.0: genver -> sa0_genver_release... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Script that, if file exists in Samba share, moves file to Unix server

I'm looking to do pretty much what the title says. I want a script that runs, it can run on Unix or Windows, doesn't matter, and searches a Samba shares for a .txt file. If the file exists, the script will move (or possibly copy) the file from the Samba share into a directory on our Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: twcostello
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)