Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying default values when accepting input from user Post 302464901 by flopster on Thursday 21st of October 2010 09:09:32 AM
Old 10-21-2010
nope, chubler's solution works perfectly for me ..

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting User Input

I'm just starting out with UNIX and have figured some stuff out. I just need some help with accepting user input on the command line. For instance, I created a number counter that counts down from any positive hard coded number. But, I want the commnad line line to read "Countdown 20" where 20... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scott78
1 Replies

2. Linux

Why isn't the computer accepting input?

I'm using Red Hat Linux 3, and the computer has stopped taking input from mouse, keyboard, etc. What are possible causes? How can I fix? -Worried Linux User (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lunchtime
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting user input in Bourne shell and using sed

He guys. Basically I want to make a script that can add, delete and view stuff in a external file called config.txt. I can open it up in Joe but im not sure how to read in the user input or using commands automatically in joe to edit, save then quit. Problem area below: 1) echo "Add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pits
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting user input in c shell

i need to accept the user input in my c shell script before executing next command. i have the following code which ask for user input, but does not store this value. set req echo " Enter your input(Y/N)?" read req if (req = Y) echo " print $req" else echo " print $req" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skumar11
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display values from user input array?

Hi all, I wrote a script that reads inputs from user and store in array named "input". The number of elements in the array is not fixed - determined only after user exit the while loop that reads the array values : x=1 echo "Enter first value" read input while } != "exit" ] do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accepting input date

I how do i accept a input date in script which is lesser than a specified day? ex: to accept a date less than or equal to 100 days(from today).?:( Thanks for the help in advance.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting user input and arguments in PERL

Hi All, Can we pass arguments while calling the perl script and as well as ask user input during execution of the script? My program is as below: I am passing arg1 and arg2 as argements to test.pl ]./test.pl arg1 arg2 Inside the test.pl I have : print "Do you want a name ? (y/n) : ";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting Input regardless of Case

Hi I am trying to get my script to accept input regardless if the person enters a or A. here is the portion of the code where I get the input. echo -n 'Please enter your choice:' # prompt user for input. read reply # read input echo case $reply in #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DualPandas
2 Replies

9. Programming

Filling the class from values taken from user input

I have a program that accepts user input. For example I have mdacc that the user sets the value. I then have a class which stores the value set by the user. I use set_param to set the values in the class. I pass through it the list of user defines arguments from argv. What would be the opinion on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing multiple values from user input

Hello, I need to capture multiple values from user input and do not know how to do it. I'm writing a script to delete old files, but want to give the option to keep some by asking the user. This is what my output looks like... Old files to be deleted... 1 file1 2 file2 Then this bit of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
3 Replies
sptrfs.f(3)							      LAPACK							       sptrfs.f(3)

NAME
sptrfs.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sptrfs (N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, INFO) SPTRFS Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sptrfs (integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( * )D, real, dimension( * )E, real, dimension( * )DF, real, dimension( * )EF, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, real, dimension( ldx, * )X, integerLDX, real, dimension( * )FERR, real, dimension( * )BERR, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerINFO) SPTRFS Purpose: SPTRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. D D is REAL array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E E is REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. DF DF is REAL array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the factorization computed by SPTTRF. EF EF is REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the factorization computed by SPTTRF. B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X X is REAL array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by SPTTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX LDX is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR FERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR BERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (2*N) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value Internal Parameters: ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 163 of file sptrfs.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 sptrfs.f(3)