Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove files based on date
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove files based on date Post 302464895 by kanakaraju on Thursday 21st of October 2010 08:50:59 AM
Old 10-21-2010
Remove files based on date

Hello team,

I have a number of files in a folder which are dated yesterday and today.Can i remove all the files which i created today based on date??

is there any syntax for this ??

Last edited by vbe; 10-21-2010 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: corrected typos... and plain english please (read forum rules again!)
kanakaraju

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

I am trying to write a shell script that will remove files in a directory based on the date. For instance, remove all files older than yesterday. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove files with a date

I have files with a date name ( 20060506 20060507 etc..) that i want to remove because it keeps filling up the directory. Can someone please help me with a script to remove those date files. i would like to keep atleast 14 days worth from the current date. I hope i have explained it clearly and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justintime
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count of files based on date?

Hi Friends, Can anyone help me with this: To get the count of files that are existing in a directory created on a perticular date like in the example (01/08) .(having same pattern for the filename) ex: FileName Creted Date FILE001 01/08/2007 FILE005 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To remove files before certain date

I juz started to pick up unix nott long. What i am gonna do here is to try and remove some files before a date. (example 1st Oct 2008) Format of files name: fileA_2008MMDD I did a ls -lrt to list all the files Followed by rm 200801** .. .. ..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Attitude
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the newest files based on date

Hello friends, I'm learning to script, and I need help. How can I get the latest/newest files based on date? the format is as following: Feb 07 19:25 TESTPWD_file_1vk6pn40_19519_1 Feb 07 19:46 TESTPWD_file_1uk6pn40_19518_2 Feb 07 19:47 TESTPWD_file_20k6pn40_19520_2 Feb 07 19:56... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on date

Hi all i am having so many files in my directory.Is there any option to copy files based on date. example i am having file this -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 abc -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 bnw -rwxrwxr-x 1 ram user 21122 Feb 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the files based on the date's

I have to write one script which will delete the files in the below passion. If today is 17-Feb-2010 then the script delete only 17-JAN-2010 files from the directory. Could you please help me, How will I delete the files when the year is leap year, if today is 30th Mar 2010 then how will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the files based on date..

Hi to every one , i had ascenario like this.. i had path like export/home/pmutv/test/ in this i will recive 43 files daily with each file having that days date i.e like product.sh.20110512 like this i will 43 files every day i had to find the files. if files are avaliable i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not to remove Files based on property value

Hi All, Need your help to fix one script. Main agenda is: 1. Read a property file. 2. Delete all files in directory except the name from Property file. I am trying to read property file for value then deleting all files from directory except THAT value/name. I have tried so far as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies
mhc(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mhc(1)

NAME
today - Show your today's schedules. SYNOPSIS
today [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the today commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. today is a program that show your schedules in MHC repository. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. --format=FORMAT change output format. FORMAT is 'html' or 'ps. --category=CATEGORY Pick only in CATEGORY. '!' and space separated multiple values are allowed. --date=strig[+n] Set a period of date. String is one of these: today, tomorrow, sun ... sat, yyyymmdd, yyyymm. yyyymm lists all days in the month. list n+1 days of schedules if +n is given. default value is 'today+0' --mail=ADDRESS Send a e-mail to ADDRESS instead of listing to stdout SEE ALSO
adb2mhc(1), gemcal(1), mhc-scan(1), mhc2palm(1), palm2mhc(1), mhc(5). AUTHOR
This program was written by Yoshinari Nomura <nom@quickhack.net> and this manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 23 Jun 2000 mhc(1)