Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Aix 5.3 Audit issue - not orking properly Post 302464847 by kmvinay on Thursday 21st of October 2010 05:39:03 AM
Old 10-21-2010
Can anyone suggest me the solution

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue on AIX

Hi, two teams at two locations - A & B. At location A, we have AIX 5.3 and at location B, we have AIX 5.1. We execute the below awk command in loc A and it executes successfully(part of a larger script). But the same does not get executed in the loc B server. We are not able to access the loc B... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX audit users activity

Is there a tool or application the will audit users activity? I've tryed to use audit the comes with AIX but to gathers so much information it is near impossible to see what they are doing. I just want to monitor logins and and files they create or change. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
9 Replies

3. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

4. AIX

tcp_ephemeral_high issue with AIX 5.2

Hello, I have AIX5.2. I am trying to set tcp_ephemeral_high port value to 5000 and tcp_ephemeral_low value to 1024. tcp_ephemeral_high is not possible to set below 32769. pls advise how to set tcp_ephemeral_high value to 5000. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
7 Replies

5. AIX

Issue "Error 404" when upgrade AIX 5300-05-CSP-0000 to AIX (5300-09-02-0849)

Please read my issue! My old server using: - AIX system operating (5300-05-CSP-0000) - WebSphere 6.1.0.21 (Fix Pack 21) After I've upgraded version AIX - AIX system operating (5300-09-02-0849) - WebSphere 6.1.0.21 (Fix Pack 21) I have 1 issue when I access home page: "Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gamonhon
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with shell script: not detecting file properly

The following script is meant to check the presence of a file - called filename0.94.tar.gz - and uncompress it: #!/bin/sh # check presence of file VERSION=0.94 if ; then # file not present: abort echo "Files cannot be found." #exit 1 (commented out this line, so we can see how the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

7. AIX

When AIX audit start, How to set the /audit/stream.out file size ?

Dear All When I start the AIX(6100-06)audit subsystem. the log will save in /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail), but in default when /audit/stream.out to grow up to 150MB. It will replace the original /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail). Then the /audit/stream.out become empty and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script not working properly on Solaris (works fine on AIX)?

Hi, I have a problem with a SED script that works fine on AIX but does not work properly on a Solaris system. The ksh script executes the SED and puts the output in HTML in tables. But the layout of the output in HTML is not shown correctly(no tables, no color). Can anyone tell if there is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Faith111
7 Replies

9. AIX

AIX FTP issue

Hi, I ftpd "binary" mode into a AIX server and transferred .tar.tar files. When i untar using "tar -xvf <filename>.tar.gz" It shows "tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 0 not equal to 70568." Please Help!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

10. Solaris

how to configure a audit in global zone that will audit all the zone

Hi everyone, how i can configure a single audit service in the global zone for all zones, on solaris BSM. I will be glad to hear back from you. Thanks and Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladondo
3 Replies
GLOBUS-GRAM-AUDIT(8)						  GRAM5 Commands					      GLOBUS-GRAM-AUDIT(8)

NAME
globus-gram-audit - Load GRAM4 and GRAM5 audit records into a database SYNOPSIS
globus-gram-audit [--conf CONFIG_FILE] [[--create] | [--update=OLD-VERSION]] [--check] [--delete] [--audit-directory AUDITDIR] [--quiet] DESCRIPTION
The globus-gram-audit program loads audit records to an SQL-based database. It reads $GLOBUS_LOCATION/etc/globus-job-manager.conf by default to determine the audit directory and then uploads all files in that directory that contain valid audit records to the database configured by the globus_gram_job_manager_auditing_setup_scripts package. If the upload completes successfully, the audit files will be removed. The full set of command-line options to globus-gram-audit consist of: --conf CONFIG_FILE Use CONFIG_FILE instead of the default from the configuration file for audit database configuration. --check Check whether the insertion of a record was successful by querying the database after inserting the records. This is used in tests. --delete Delete audit records from the database right after inserting them. This is used in tests to avoid filling the databse with test records. --audit-directory DIR Look for audit records in DIR, instead of looking in the directory specified in the job manager configuration. This is used in tests to control which records are loaded to the database and then deleted. --query SQL Perform the given SQL query on the audit database. This uses the database information from the configuration file to determine how to contact the database. --quiet Reduce the amount of output for common operations. FILES
The globus-gram-audit uses the following files (paths relative to $GLOBUS_LOCATION. etc/globus-gram-job-manager.conf GRAM5 job manager configuration. It includes the default path to the audit directory etc/globus-gram-audit.conf Audit configuration. It includes the information needed to contact the audit database. University of Chicago 08/30/2011 GLOBUS-GRAM-AUDIT(8)