Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Swap in local zone
Operating Systems Solaris Swap in local zone Post 302464824 by brusell on Thursday 21st of October 2010 04:35:53 AM
Old 10-21-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
What's the memory capacity of your zone? Some UNIX systems have to use memory as swap when no real swap is available...
Sorry....zone has dedicated 6 GB RAM.
Based on suggestion that there is no swap dedicated looks like that RAM used partially used as a swap??? I'm I true??

Thanks

Stan

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Not able to ping global zone from local zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to ping the local zone from global zone when i am trying to ping i am getting below ICMP Host Unreachable from gateway zone ( 192.268.35.210) for icmp from zone ( 192.168.35.210) to sun1 ( 192.168.35.210) However i can ping local zone from global please... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Global zone name from local zone

How to check the global zone name from local zone. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Covert Global zone to local zone

Dears, I would like to convert solaris 10 x86 and solaris 10 sparc (Global Zones) physical servers into Local zones. i found a document which seems to be helpful but i'm stuck @ the 1st step. to test this i want to do it 1st on x86 system running under vmware ESXi and if it succeeds i will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mduweik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

install jre in local zone

How can I install a new version of jre on a local zone? Since /usr is not writable in a local zone)? pls advise solaris10 sparc ---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:34 PM ---------- jdk6 i mean (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Boot a local zone from cdrom

Hi Is it possible to boot a zone from cdrom. If so please help in getting the steps to do so. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
2 Replies

6. Solaris

SIGPWR on local zone

Can anyone explain how you can get a SIGPWR signal on a Solaris 10 local zone, but none of the other zones on the frame had a problem. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
1 Replies

7. Solaris

zlogin can't logon to local zone

Hi, Here is the issue: Please help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 local zone on Solaris 11 global zone

Hi, A quick question: Can Solaris 10 local zones be moved to a Solaris 11 global zone and work well? Thank you in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

9. Solaris

New ZFS FS not seen on local zone

Hi , I added a new fs to the global zone and also did the zonecfg to add the FS to the zone but finally I do not see the new "FS" on the local zone. Even in th e/etc/zones/zone.xml the fs and the correct directory is mentioned. Any Idea please ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
4 Replies
NBP_NAME(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       NBP_NAME(3)

NAME
nbp_name - NBP name parsing SYNOPSIS
nbp_name( name, obj, type, zone ) char *name, **obj, **type, **zone; DESCRIPTION
nbp_name() parses user supplied names into their component object, type, and zone. obj, type, and zone should be passed by reference, and should point to the caller's default values. nbp_name() will change the pointers to the parsed-out values. name is of the form object:type@zone, where each of object, :type, and @zone replace obj, type, and zone, respectively. type must be proceeded by `:', and zone must be preceded by `@'. EXAMPLE
The argument of afpd(8)'s -n option is parsed with nbp_name(). The default value of obj is the first component of the machine's hostname (as returned by gethostbyname(3)). The default value of type is ``AFPServer'', and of zone is ``*'', the default zone. To cause afpd to register itself in some zone other than the default, one would invoke it as afpd -n @some-other-zone obj and type would retain their default values. BUGS
obj, type, and zone return pointers into static area which may be over-written on each call. netatalk 1.3 12 Jan 1994 NBP_NAME(3)