Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Forming an insert query using awk Post 302464800 by rakesh_s on Thursday 21st of October 2010 03:06:37 AM
Old 10-21-2010
My input file will look like this...

ABC company | Joseph kiely | 558-445-5256 | joseph.keily@xxx.com
CDEF company | Jason Stat | 521-457-5695 | jason.stat@xrt.com

I basically need to create an insert statment using the above values...I know to use awk and get the above values into the insert statement..but i need to increment the company id by one for each insert statement...Can you help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to create a insert query for a file

Hi Guys, I need to create a insert query for the below file Fri Sep 4 06:25:51 2009 ACTION : 'CREATE INDEX S100S_DC.PLInsuranceReportRules_testI1 ON S100S_DC.PLInsuranceReportRules_test1(ENTITY_KEY)' DATABASE USER: '/' PRIVILEGE : SYSDBA CLIENT USER: oracle CLIENT TERMINAL: pts/3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

2. Programming

SQL : Fine tune Insert by query

i would like to know how can i fine tune the following query since the cost of the query is too high .. insert into temp temp_1 select a,b,c,d from xxxx .. database used is IDS.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forming duplicate rows based on value of a key

if the key (A or B or ...others) has 4 in its 3rd column the 1st A row has to form 4 dupicates along with the all the values of A in 4th column (2.9, 3.8, 4.2) . Hope I explain the question clearly. Cheers Ruby input "A" 1 4 2.9 "A" 2 5 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a variable in insert query?

My script contains as follows, VALUE=`sqlplus un/pwd <<EOF > OB.txt set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select max(1) from table1; exit; EOF` insert into table2 values(1, 'The max value is $value',...); i need the value of VALUE to be inserted after 'The max... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savithavijay
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

forming group script from a text file

I am trying to make group of number of ID's. I have prepared following perl script but it does not provide any output. INPUT File 0174 0175 0176 0177 CODE: #!/usr/bin/perl -w $memlst = "/tmp/test.txt"; $membercnt = `wc -l $memlst`; $memhd = `head -1 $memlst`; $memcnt1 = 1; $class... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dynamax
1 Replies

6. Programming

insert query help

Hello i want help to load data from file into mysql DB this part i know how to do but during loading i want to combine 2 fields into 1 field and insert into db as primary key in new column thanks advice how to do so (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forming a query in unix level

Hi, I will execute a query in sqlplus and redirect to a file. The file will contains the date value such as 2011-04-12 02:00:00. i want to make the content of the file such as, select * from table where col1>to_date('2011-04-12 02:00:00','yyyy-mm-dd HH24:MI:SS'). Apar from the bold... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert query with shell variable with AWK

Hi, I'm a first timer with Unix so pardon my ignorance. I'm trying to read a comma separated file from the same folder where the script is and insert the value in a DB2 table. I'm using AWK for the same. I'm getting `)' not expected error. I'm not sure but for me it doesn't look like detailed... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kabira Speaking
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

From sql Insert Query to XML format

Hi How do I translate Let say Cat inserts.sql gives Insert into PM9_TAXATION_ROUNDING (STATE_GECODE, TAX_TYPE, TAX_AUTHORITY, SYS_CREATION_DATE, SYS_UPDATE_DATE, APPLICATION_ID, DL_SERVICE_CODE, ROUNDING_METHOD) Values ('xx', 'xx', 'x', TO_DATE('10/26/2012 13:01:20',... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuj87in
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert new column with awk?

Hello guys, I'm new to shell programming, I would like to insert two new columns in a space separated file having this format using awk, starting from the third row: A B C D E F 1 ; A B C D E F 1 ; A B C D E F 1 ; A B C D E F 1 ; Basically, the resulting file should have the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: transat
3 Replies
Authen::Simple::RADIUS(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Authen::Simple::RADIUS(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::RADIUS - Simple RADIUS authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::RADIUS; my $radius = Authen::Simple::RADIUS->new( host => 'radius.company.com', secret => 'secret' ); if ( $radius->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::RADIUS PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleRADIUS_host "radius.company.com" PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleRADIUS_pdc "secret" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::RADIUS AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
RADIUS authentication. METHODS
* new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: * host Connection host, can be a hostname or IP address. Defaults to "localhost". host => 'ldap.company.com' host => '10.0.0.1' * port Connection port, default to 1812. port => 1645 * timeout Connection timeout, defaults to 10. timeout => 20 * secret Shared secret. Required. secret => 'mysecret' * log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::RADIUS') * authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple. Authen::Radius. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "ch@ngmedia.com" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-01 Authen::Simple::RADIUS(3pm)