Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Oracle Database: INSERT INTO with TO_DATE function Post 302464792 by durden_tyler on Thursday 21st of October 2010 02:54:39 AM
Old 10-21-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonamol
If i changed the code as,
Code:
date_gen VARCHAR2(10) := $DATEGEN;

Why ??

tyler_durden

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value of vmstat to database.

Hi guys , I m trying to store the output of vmstat 1 10 into a database. I have done the necessary homework to connect bash to interact with the database. Program logic. 1)storing the output of vmstat 1 10 to a file named abc.txt 2)I m applying a filter to vmstat to get desired output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable string in To_Date Oracle function in shell script

Hello, I am trying to execute an SQL query from shell script. A part of script is something like this: fromDate=`echo $(date +"%F%T") | sed "s/-//g" | sed "s/://g"` $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOD1 connect $COSDBUID/$COSDBPWD@$COSDBSID spool... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanketpatel.86
4 Replies

5. Programming

Need help on Insert data to mySQL database

Hi guys, I would like to seek help on inserting data whenever the switch is on or off to my sensor mySQL database in phpMyAdmin from my control.php. I'm using Raspberry PI as my hardware and follow a few tutorials to create my own Web Control Interface, it works perfectly without insert method.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoiregion
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
OCI_COMMIT(3)															     OCI_COMMIT(3)

oci_commit - Commits the outstanding database transaction

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_commit (resource $connection) DESCRIPTION
Commits the outstanding transaction for the Oracle $connection. A commit ends the current transaction and makes permanent all changes. It releases all locks held. A transaction begins when the first SQL statement that changes data is executed with oci_execute(3) using the OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT flag. Further data changes made by other statements become part of the same transaction. Data changes made in a transaction are temporary until the transaction is committed or rolled back. Other users of the database will not see the changes until they are committed. When inserting or updating data, using transactions is recommended for relational data consistency and for performance reasons. PARAMETERS
o $connection - An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 oci_commit(3) example <?php // Insert into several tables, rolling back the changes if an error occurs $conn = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $stid = oci_parse($conn, "INSERT INTO mysalary (id, name) VALUES (1, 'Chris')"); // The OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT flag tells Oracle not to commit the INSERT immediately // Use OCI_DEFAULT as the flag for PHP <= 5.3.1. The two flags are equivalent $r = oci_execute($stid, OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT); if (!$r) { $e = oci_error($stid); trigger_error(htmlentities($e['message']), E_USER_ERROR); } $stid = oci_parse($conn, 'INSERT INTO myschedule (startday) VALUES (12)'); $r = oci_execute($stid, OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT); if (!$r) { $e = oci_error($stid); oci_rollback($conn); // rollback changes to both tables trigger_error(htmlentities($e['message']), E_USER_ERROR); } // Commit the changes to both tables $r = oci_commit($conn); if (!$r) { $e = oci_error($conn); trigger_error(htmlentities($e['message']), E_USER_ERROR); } ?> NOTES
Note Transactions are automatically rolled back when you close the connection, or when the script ends, whichever is soonest. You need to explicitly call oci_commit(3) to commit the transaction. Any call to oci_execute(3) that uses OCI_COMMIT_ON_SUCCESS mode explicitly or by default will commit any previous uncommitted transaction. Any Oracle DDL statement such as CREATE or DROP will automatically commit any uncommitted transaction. SEE ALSO
oci_execute(3), oci_rollback(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_COMMIT(3)