Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with Sprintf
Top Forums Programming Problem with Sprintf Post 302464762 by ramkrix on Thursday 21st of October 2010 01:42:07 AM
Old 10-21-2010
Thank you Corona and DGpicket. As mentioned, I allocated instr with instr[100] and it workd now.. Thank youSmilie

---------- Post updated at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:08 AM ----------

One more question. How to eliminate the warnings here? I have included all necessary header files in "fnhash.c" and the below is my makefile:

Code:
ganesh@ubuntu:~/my_programs/c$ cat hashmake
main : main.o fnhash.o
	gcc -Wall -g main.o fnhash.o -o main
main.o : fnhash.h main.c
	gcc -Wall -g -c main.c
fnhash.o : fnhash.c fnhash.h
	gcc -Wall -g -c fnhash.c

However I'm getting those warnings.
Thanks,
Ramkrix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

problem with sprintf snprintf in Solaris

******************************** Following is not the real issue. The issue is with popen. Plz continue forward with the thread to get a better picture. ******************************** Hi, I am working on a customised ftp application. In it we have used sprintf to store a UNIX command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diganta
7 Replies

2. Programming

sprintf function

Hi, Can someone help me to figure out whether this code is to write file to /tmp/TIMECLOCK directory or just to asign a variable with "/tmp/TIMECLOCK/name.log_copy.pid" as the string? I am looking into an old C program and could not figure out where in the code that creates... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting sprintf

is there any sprintf function in korn shell scripting, or anything similar to sprintf? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

4. Programming

equivalent of sprintf in C++

Hi My requirement is to convert the following to C++ char buffer; sprintf(buffer,"%s %-50s %6s %-6d %s\n",a.substr(0,5),a.substr(10,20)) Since the buffer is of varying length, i cannot hardcode the value as 90. i would like to convert the buffer to string object so that it can receive any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sprintf result on perl

Hello, In perl lang, I have create a string (@str) by sprintf but unfortunately when program printed it out, only I could saw a number like 1. Certainly printf doesn't problem. How I can convert a string that are result of sprintf to a common string format??! Thanks in advance. PLEASE HELP ME. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf vs sprintf - perl

I would like to assign the output of printf to a variable in perl , it give me back a "1" instead of the time. How can I stuff the variable with what printf returns? Here is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl $time = localtime(time);... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect sprintf and fprintf bad use

Hello again, I don't know about regexp so I throw this question here: How can I detect files where, for example: sprintf (var1, "hello %s %s", sub1); The problem here is that we have 2 %s and only a variable. Or... the inverse: sprintf (var1, "hello %s %s", sub1, sub2, sub3,...subn); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertogarcia
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk awk: program limit exceeded: sprintf buffer size=1020

Hi I have many problems with a script. I have a script that formats a text file but always prints the same error when i try to execute it The code is that: { if (NF==17){ print $0 }else{ fields=NF; all=$0; while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fate
2 Replies

9. Programming

How to right pad with zeros using sprintf?

I need to right-pad with zeros a string by using (s)printf. I looked up the manual and tried with printf("%-19s", buffer); which right-pad the string with spaces. So I tried printf("%019s", buffer); which left-pad the string with zeros. So I tried both printf("%-019s", buffer);... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join with awk using sprintf

Hi, Trying to join 2 files with awk (file1 has variable number of fields; file 2 has constant number of fields) file1: hook1|AA|BB|CC|DD hook2|EE|FF file2: hook1|11|22 hook2|33|44 hook3|55|66 output: hook1|11|22|AA|BB|CC|DD hook2|33|44|EE|FF hook3|55|66 What I tried so far:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
3 Replies
Tk_Main(3)						       Tk Library Procedures							Tk_Main(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_Main - main program for Tk-based applications SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_Main(argc, argv, appInitProc) ARGUMENTS
int argc (in) Number of elements in argv. char *argv[] (in) Array of strings containing command-line arguments. Tcl_AppInitProc *appInitProc (in) Address of an application-specific initialization procedure. The value for this argument is usually Tcl_AppInit. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_Main acts as the main program for most Tk-based applications. Starting with Tk 4.0 it is not called main anymore because it is part of the Tk library and having a function main in a library (particularly a shared library) causes problems on many systems. Having main in the Tk library would also make it hard to use Tk in C++ programs, since C++ programs must have special C++ main functions. Normally each application contains a small main function that does nothing but invoke Tk_Main. Tk_Main then does all the work of creating and running a wish-like application. When it is has finished its own initialization, but before it processes commands, Tk_Main calls the procedure given by the appInitProc argument. This procedure provides a ``hook'' for the application to perform its own initialization, such as defining application-specific commands. The procedure must have an interface that matches the type Tcl_AppInitProc: typedef int Tcl_AppInitProc(Tcl_Interp *interp); AppInitProc is almost always a pointer to Tcl_AppInit; for more details on this procedure, see the documentation for Tcl_AppInit. KEYWORDS
application-specific initialization, command-line arguments, main program Tk 4.0 Tk_Main(3)